т ω є ℓ ν є

[] the next day | toriel’s house [selected]

the household was full of fear, confusion, and devastation.

after the incident, nobody had the courage to talk about the unexpected attack with each other. it was mainly due to how the were still unable to completely digest that after years of living in freedom and simplicity, they were under the chains of, once again, danger.

though no one really had the confidence to converse for a while, they agreed on a decision that all of them should stay in one room for the mean time (unfortunately, they left out flowey as much as it pains them to isolate him from them). the family wanted to be more careful, just in case something similarly life–threatening occurs.

until now, questions ran through their heads, echoing in a seemingly timeless train of perturbation and paranoia; thinking about the main reason as to why flowey’s outbreak ended with them undoubtedly hearing chara’s voice and laughter.

the aftermath of the incident was quite heartbreaking due to how fresh the shock was, as well as the injuries received from flowey’s frightening form.

the cleaning process of the house was not as bothersome as the healing process in their minds and souls. the cracks in the house was not recovered yet — leaving a huge crack in the corridor walls and several in frisk’s bedroom — because they have bigger priorities to attend to at the moment, such as caring for each other’s safety.

the time as of today was 7:46 in the morning, with the sun shining brightly and today could be anyone in the world’s good day, but not for this monster family.

as mentioned, they agreed on staying by each other’s side at the moment to ensure the security of their home. they even had themselves wake up earlier than what they were accustomed to. however, one in particular was still sleeping in, but for a more understandable reason.

the pun–loving skeleton had the worst damage from how strong the impact was on him. the others were extremely anxious on whether he could even survive what just happened with his singular hp. sans only remembered feeling a sharp pain before blacking out, and that is where his memory cuts.

right after flowey returned to being himself, frisk charged towards the skeleton, letting out quiet whimpers as they watched small specks of red seep through his plain white shirt.

“no,” whispered frisk, breaking out into tears. the others instantly surrounded the two, mourning what may become of sans’s end, but they were still hoping that he would come back.

“please stay strong for us, brother,” papyrus wished in between sobs, until he broke out into tears as well. he felt weak and felt like a big part of him was snatched away from him. the taller skeleton was instantly depleted of his energy, his knees giving in. he knew this could not be the end for his brother, it just could not be!

a hand on papyrus’s shoulder was placed, followed by a reassuring squeeze. the skeleton looked up to see undyne smiling down at him through the pain with tears in her eyes. the skeleton only frowned even more, knowing that he had to eventually accept the fact that sans, his brother who took care of him for such a long time and never failed to make his life worth living, was . . .

out of tribute, papyrus offered the scarf sans knitted for him as a gift. hopefully, this would give him warmth while he recovers.