Chapter 19

*RING! RING! RING!*

The annoying sound of Frisk's alarm clock rang loudly repeatedly. The child groaned, sitting up from her slumber. Her eyes are still closed and drowzy.

She rubbed her eyes to get rid of the sleep on her eyes. She reached for the snooze button but her palm landed flatly onto the wooden surface of her side table. Her eyes widened at her eronous expectation and looked at the area where her hand landed flat.

'Oh right...' Frisk thought. 'I don't have an alarm clock.'

She looked at the direction where the sound is heard and saw her phone repeatedly ringing. She furrowed her eyebrows and approached her phone. She looked down at the notification appeared on her phone while it continues to ring loudly.

'787 missed calls from -UNKNOWN NUMBER-'

Frisk's eyes widened even more. '787?'

She tapped stuff on her phone and listened to the miss calls from this guy.

"FRISK! WAKE UP! GET READY! HURRY!"

Frisk was still puzzled about what is going on. She has no idea what event just came today. The voice, though, is highly familiar as she listened to the loud calls of the person from the other side.

Curiously, Frisk kept on listening to the messages wherein the monster just keeps on yelling for Frisk to wake up and get ready immediately. After a while of listening, Frisk eventually got bored and was slouching by the wall of her room, her phone in her hand still yelling stuff out. She finally reached the 786th message which slightly got her off.

'FRISK! COME ON, DANGIT! DON'T YOU REMEMBER WHAT DAY IS IT TODAY?! YOU KNOW THAT I FIND IT HARD TO HIT THE CALL BUTTON JUST TO CALL YOU BECAUSE I HAVE NO HANDS! AND ARMS!!'

"It's Monster Kid! Of course!" Frisk snapped her fingers as she remembers.

She looked at her phone and saw that there is one message left. She looked around her room before pressing it.

'Alright, I am all calm now. I WAS JUST EXCITED!!!!!'

'Shhhh! Monster Kid!'

'Oops. Sorry.'

'Just tell her what day is it today. She probably already listened to all of your 786 messages but won't go here because she doesn't know what in the heck is going on..!'

'. . . Oh yeah . . .'

'Oh my gosh. *a facepalm can be heard*'

'Alright. *breathes in* Frisk, it's the day when you freed us from the barrier and you are the most special-est most SPECIAL GUEST!!!! COME ON NOW!!! WHOOOOOHOOOOO!!!! VISIT THE FOOT OF MOUNT EBOTT PLEEEAAASSSEEEE!!!!!!!!"

*-boop. boop. call ends here-*

Frisk suddenly jumped up and scurried all over the house to get ready. After actually regaining composure, she proceeded to her normal morning routines.

*Time Skip*

After drying herself, she opened her closet and took out the clothes she wore when she first fell down the hole. She wistfully looked at the clothes with a smile, filled with nostalgia.

A purple sweater with pink stripes and her denim short, along with her black boots.

Frisk looked at herself in the mirror and smiled in satisfaction.

"It's quite surprising how I haven't changed." Frisk said to herself out loud. "Yet I'm only in kinder-g..!"

She shook her head to remove the negative thoughts. "Now's not the time to think about the family where I biologically belong to."

Frisk grabbed her backpack and ran out of the room; running passed her bed, tall closet, her body-sized mirror, her wooden bookshelf filled with adventure novels, and passed her study table where her lamp, drawings, and picture is.

The only picture of her and her human family.

***At the foot of Mt. Ebott***

At the foot of the, also known as, "Monster Mountain", monsters are gathered at the place to celebrate the day where Frisk saved the monsters with her strength and especially, her determination.

A large stage stood out from the crowd as a monster went onto stage to speak, as host. It was Asgore Dreemurr.

"Welcome, monsters!" He greeted with delight. "Today is the day when our race got freed and saved with the use of love instead of LOVE; the day when we first get to see what actual stars look like, and the day when we reach a better future. And all of this won't be possible without our saviour."

Frisk gulped. She felt nervous because she has to say a speech. But she is confident about her reason why her speech will stink.

Frisk was on the stage, in front of the microphone with her pokerface on.

"Say your speech!" The monsters backstage cued. When they saw her looking unprepared, they cued something out instead. "Improvise!"

"Where's her speech?" The monsters asked to each other curiously.

Frisk blinked. "I don't have one."

"Why?" One of the monsters in the audience asked.

Frisk knows that this is the time where she releases her ultimate excuse when it comes to situations like these.

"I'm just in kindergarden."

The audience was silent. The monsters backstage facepalmed.

"But I do have something in mind!" Frisk cheered, turning the crowd up.

The crowd cheered their lungs off.

At the other side of the mountain's foot. There was a human lady looking so lost and worried.

She passed through crowds of monsters and searched for wherever her daughter is. She can't find in this population of monsters!
She struggled to pass through crowds until she got shoved making her fall onto the ground.

Feeling helpless, she felt tears urging to fall out of her eyes. She still managed to look at her heart locket with her family's picture in it. She smiled and laid herself there for minutes as she kept muttering the word that is inaudible to be heard by anyone.

"Fr..."

***

The motorcycle ran passed all the other vehicles in the road. He just wants to get there in time before everything clears out and his closeness to his child will once again be lost.

He finally reached Mt. Ebott's foot. He immediately parked his motorcycle and strapped his helmet onto the left handle. His heart is beating very fast as he rushed towards the Monster Freedom Anniversary event.

He searched through the crowded places. He was determined to find his long lost daughter.

'This might be it!' The man thought, overwhelmed. He opened his heart locket and looked down at his beloved family.

'This really might be it..'