Chapter 21

Sans stood in front of his family, blocking the demon's way of attempt to obliterate his only family he has.

The monsters are confused and scared at what's happening. They were frantically chatting to each other and hysterically running around, not even knowing what to actually do.

Frisk placed the microphone by her mouth. "Monsters, leave. Gather all your stuff and leave," she instructed firmly. Her tears were still pouring out of her eyes. She couldn't believe her parents are dead—their bodies crushed right under Chara's feet.

She opened her heart locket. Even if her parents are mean to her, they are still their parents. And she always believes that every bad person has good in them, and that they have a reason for their cruelty to emerge. I mean, snakes bite people for a reason. Not for their liking to kill that we all think, but for self-defense. They are used to living in a place where predators are everywhere, and even predators can become preys. Just like with humans and monsters, predators charge for a reason. A deep one.

Chara grinned ominously. She played with her knife that shone through the sunlight. The blood recently painted on her knife, glistening with it. The child laughed maniacally with merciless eyes.

"Step aside, f**k*ss! I have business to attend to. VERY IMPORTANT BUSIN—" Chara was interrupted by Sans. His left eye glowing brighter.

"I said you have to go through me first," he said sternly, glaring intensely at the demon. Chara laughed at his answer as if it were a joke.

"Awww! Trying to defeat me? THAT'S CUTE." Chara spoke sarcastically. She laughed some more.

The monster family compressed, hugging each other protectively. But Sans stepped out instead of joining in. He never let the demon out of his sight.

Chara beamed, clapping her hands excitedly. "I think that's enough for our little intimidating contest. Let's now begin our battle."

The demon laughed as the surroundings turned into a pitch black void with nothing else in it but them.

Flowey felt tears forming in his eyes. "Why…I thought…" His voice cracked, consumed in his sorrow.

Chara cocked an eyebrow with a smirk at the flower. "You thought what? That I ACTUALLY helped you? That I am ACTUALLY your sister? That I am ACTUALLY your very best friend in the world?" She questioned bitterly, levitating closer to Flowey. "WELL?"

Flowey looked down then back up to meet Chara's face. With tears staining his face and forming in his eyes, he looked at her sternly with an honest answer. "Yes."

Chara blinked two times, held back by his answer but didn't show any signs of it. Only, internally. She couldn't believe that until now, in that soulless form of his, he still believes that she's his best friend? His sister?

Chara shook her head and just let out a snicker before turning her back against him. But as she did, her facial expression held a hint of guilt and sorrow.

The demon faced the skeleton when she arrived back at the front. Blazing shimmers through her hands as she rises upwards into the air with her eyes closed. For a moment, it looked peaceful but it eventually changed. She opened her bloodshot eyes with her fists clenched, the blaze of fire darkening in color. She removed Sans's Mercy button.

"Start."

Chara commanded with a sly smirk, knowing she will win the battle. If she didn't? There is always a next time.

Sans glared at her and started with throwing bones at the demon. She dodged them and summoned a ton of knives, the sharp tools pointing and falling to him but he swiftly dodged them.

In the other hand, all the family can do is watch. Watch in horror as their pun master is out there, defeating a powerful denom child with only 1 HP.

Chara even made a forcefield wall to prevent the family from getting in the way and even made the barrier sound proof from their talking but could clearly hear Sans and Chara.

Asgore keeps on shooting at the nonexistent wall with his pitchfork repeatedly but nothing seems to happen.

Papyrus watched in horror, praying that Chara would soon show mercy or spare him or make his brother win without getting hurt.

Undyne watched with an expressionless face. Deeply, though, she was petrified of what will happen next to their dear friend.

Alphys didn't even dared to look at the scenery. She couldn't stand it and just wanted peace between Chara and everything.

Flowey is in Toriel's arms, sobbing uncontrollably. He didn't show this much emotion before, but this just shows that Asriel is really still there, resonating secretly.

Frisk is crying in Asgore's arms. Who wouldn't cry when your parents are crushed under a demon's feet, your friend is fighting that demon with very low HP (seriously, it's just 1), your friends are sad and depressed, and the whole day of the monster freedom celebration is dead.

And lastly, Toriel. She just couldn't stand it. She wants to stop watching but her eyes want to continue watching. She watched as the love of her life struggles to defeat a powerful and evil being, who even surpassed Omega Flowey.

She prayed over and over again in her head for her dear Sans to be strong and that he will be okay.

*sharp gasp*

The monsters were startled by the sudden gasp. Their heads and eyes immediately looked at the source of the gasp, and gasped in shock.

Chara's dark and viney tentacle-string-things grabbed Sans. He struggled but the strings wrapped around him tighter. The strings then enter through his eyesockets and mouth making him weaken and kneel on the cold ground.

"Sans! NO!" Undyne kicked the wall but nothing happened.

"SANS!" Papyrus knocked on the invisible wall.

Chara looked at the miserable family then snickered evilly. The strings went in deeper until they wrap around his soul and mind.

"Now, a let's sit back and relax as we watch a pleasant movie." Chara said, motioning for the family to sit down. They hesitantly followed her orders, unsure of what is she planning to do now and next. "A movie of Sans's horrible memories and nightmares. Just a little surprise before crushing his soul. Besides, his puny little soul is just under my hands. Just a little jab to it."

Sans took his last glance at his beloved family before a projection of his memories showed up.

"Enjoy."