т є и

horrific inhuman energy.

that was what sans was detecting at the very moment. it was strong enough for his soul to feel, but he knew all too well that that level of energy could not be considered baleful (as of now, at least).

the comedian did not want to leave the dining area, nor does he want to leave toriel all alone— i mean, the cookies. he could not leave the cookies all alone, you know? like, how if toriel forgot she was letting them cool off and they become too cold to eat? (clearly a certain skeleton was being too in denial here. and, sure, that certain skeleton was papyrus and definitely not sans.)

going back to topic, sans was frantic. that energy he felt reach his soul was so undeniably recognizable because he had encountered it before. actually not only him, but his family and friends as well. but he was the only one capable of detecting such subtle emission of power due to how powerful and clairvoyant he was of such things.

as he ran right at the bottom of the staircase, clear from toriel’s line of sight, he teleported into the second floor’s wooden corridor. the floor creaked from the sudden appearance of his weight, but the energy remained at a consistent rate of emission, meaning that the small creaking sound did not startle it which was good. though he felt the energy grow stronger as he drew closer to the source.

he cautiously looked around the corridor. suddenly, the place he considered his home felt like a stranger, barren and cold, despite the clear sight of photographs of his beloved family and friends stuck to the pale red walls. the scent was no longer there as well. all sense of familiarity faded as the power gradually sprouted. everything felt intimidating.

sans decided to continue his search albeit his fear telling him to escape into a safe place and return when the energy’s gone. but he could not do that, now that he has a family to protect and something to keep an eye out on. it wasn’t flowey because he made sure he remained harmless and had never failed to just that for years. that “something” he keeps an eye out on was making sure frisk has absolutely no access to the reset button. even if it was just for the reason to take a glimpse at it or want to remember how the button looks like; he refused and personally banned them to never ever mess with the reset button under any circumstance.

as sans trudged down the corridor, he passed by the alphyne couple’s bedroom, hearing their cheers and loud animé music play, but he still felt uneasy. there was this eerie ringing in his eardrums, blocking himself from hearing the happiness cominh from his home, only hypnotizing him to focus on that demonic energy.

he then passed by asgore’s room. it was silent as the ex king was not home. then papyrus’s room, who was not home either.

then he stopped dead in his tracks.

here he was.

and so was SHE.

[♡] 5:23 am [selected]

not everyone in the family was enjoying their early morning.

the house was dead with silence. it was odd since most of the time, they would be laughing and cracking jokes, and whenever it was silent, it was usually in a peaceful way. however, today was different.

it was so silent that even echoes can be heard through the entire house; a single sharp breath or a quiet sniffle.

— at least, that was how small child frisk perceived the early morning milieu.

they were not pessimistic, moreso an optimist who’s constantly filled with determination every single day over the simplest things. so for them to feel so heavy at the beginning of a wonderful day was quite concerning.

despite this, frisk was more bothered than frightened, and was determined to know the answer to her questioning about the creepy silence lingering around the house.

“the legendary frisk is not agreeing to this creepy atmosphere!” the self–proclaimed legend remarked, determined to not hinder in such toxicity. they stood up and placed both hand on their bedroom doorway, peeking their morning head out.

they then peeked into every room in suspicion cautiously and quietly.

as feisk peeked in the last room, there were no signs of suspicious activities around the house. frisk sighed and frowned. then, their nonexistent light bulb lit up.

“aha! it’s probably because my flower friend isn’t complaining around as usual which is why today so far felt peculiar,” frisk concluded. “maybe it’s because i ate his pie last night while he was rambling.”

the monsters’ savior walked back to their bedroom, hoping what they came up with was correct. there were times when flowey would be quiet and they would begin to feel this tug of weirdness due to how they were not used to that side of the flower. they just hope their inconclusive thought was the answer.

however, as soon as frisk stepped into their room, their fierce smile quickly faded. them being filled with shock was an understatement.

before them, the usual yellow flower that sat by the windowsill was now plastered with a gruesome expression on his face. his eyes were dazed with desperation, furrowed in deep thought and emotion. a mixture of pain, disgust, despair, wrath, and distaste. flowey’s vines were also extended from his location by window and onto the walls, adhered tightly as they continue to visibly stretch outwards.

frisk stepped back, cautious to not make a single sound if they wish to preserve their safety.

they had encountered omega flowey in the past and even defeated them, but that does not cover for the fact that they could defeat him again. they could not and did not want to deal with such troublesome things anymore. frisk just wanted to live normally and happily on the surface with the people they consider as their true family.

“this can’t be . . .” frisk trailed off, staring at the flower with wide eyes. they then realize something off. “flowey would have said something by now if he was himself, no matter the form. but this is”—frisk scrutinized the look in flowey’s eyes—“this is different and undoubtedly not the flowey i know. which could mean one thing.”

“you’re right, kiddo.”

frisk immediately turned around to come fact to face with the pun–loving skeleton. they gasped and instantly ran to sans for protection, hiding their face into his thick blue hoodie with a frightened look on their face. sans frowned at the sight of frisk so terrified, his bony fingers making their way to the child’s chestnut brown hair in a comforting manner.

“s–sans, i’m so scared,” frisk sobbed.

“i know, i know,” sans replied with a sad smile. “me, too.”

frisk’s eyes shot open upon hearing the skeleton open up about how he felt. they looked up at sans only to see him glare at the flower before them.

“i can’t believe it.” the skeleton’s voice was slightly shaky, his breath becoming more shallow due to panic. frisk clutched onto sans even tighter, fear engulfing them as they listen to the other confirm their fear.

“chara’s back.”