Chapter 18

The day started out normally; except the fact that there are two monsters holding hands as they enjoy the view of the park...

***Earlier***

Sans looked at himself in the mirror, wondering 'What does Toriel see in me that attracts her to me?'

He often thinks she deserves someone better because of his laziness, sluggishness, and he doesn't even have a job!

He sighed, fixing his jacket as he stared at his reflection.

"Starting today, I'm going to change all of that." Sans told himself, full of determination. He wants to give Toriel a special time after her tiring job.

***Meanwhile, in the classroom***

Toriel sat on her teacher's desk, not knowing what to do. The students are answering a long test quietly and the room is filled with nothing but silence...except for the air conditioner's revving.

She placed her cheek by her hand, bored. She doesn't know what to do at free times like this. She has to stay in the classroom in order to supervise the children.

*Knock Knock Knock*

Gentle knocks can be heard from the wooden door of the classroom. Toriel snapped out of her daze and looked at the door, checking whether she really heard a knock from the door.

*Knock knock*

Toriel stood up from her seat and walked towards the door; unusually feeling weird. As she twisted the door knob and the door opened, there stood a skeleton waaay shorter than Toriel.

"Knock knock." Sans greeted with a huge grin in his face, his blush highly visible. In his thoughts, the skeleton is very nervous and scared of getting to encounter rejection. He mentally wished that this would go well.

"Who's there?" Toriel decided to join in their usual pun times.

The children peered over secretly to see what's going on. Frisk was the first one to squeal, Monster Kid covering her mouth immediately to shut her up.

"Owl." The skeleton replied with his grin on.

"Owl who?" Toriel waited for his pun in excitement. Sans's puns always trigger her bedazzlement.

"Are you owllowed to go hoot with me after school?" Sans asked without nervously stammering or moving. He rejoiced at his achievement.

Toriel giggled. She didn't even think about her actions nor let her anxiety take over her actions. She bowed down and pressed her lips against Sans's cheek. She came back up with a smile of satisfaction.

Sans, however, is dying in happiness. He chuckled nervously, hoping Toriel won't catch him blushing deeply.

Sans cleared his throat. "I-I'll meet you at the bridge by the park."

Toriel nodded with a beam. She feels overjoyed about what is actually happening. It feels good when the person you like-likes you back, you know?

"Yes, Sansei! I will be there on time!" Toriel bowed down pretendingly.

The two laughed and shared their farewells for now. Both of them still can't believe that they are really with each other.

Toriel let out a dreamy sigh and look, not ever letting her thoughts out of Sans. The students showed off their famous smirk and smug grins at Toriel.

"YOU TWO BETTER KISS ON THE LIPS NEXT TIME OR ELSE!!!" One of the students suddenly warned, standing on her chair fearlessly.

Toriel blushed and rolled her eyes at the child's behavior towards the couple.

***Dismissal***

After bringing Frisk back home, the goat mother went into her room, searching for more appealing clothes. Then she found a simple yet wonderful dress that fits her perfectly.

The goat walked to the park that Sans was referring to. She stepped into the place, seeing crowds of teenagers, some monsters, children, and families bonding around the area, under the warmth of the sun.

Toriel kept on walking until she came across a bridge. It looks normal but still, amazing. Every litgle thing can always amaze Toriel.

She walked to the bridge, hoping to see Sans sooner or later. She looked down to the river and smiled at the loving nature.

"Hey Tori." Startled, Toriel jumped in surprise at the sudden call. She panted then regained her normal breathing process afterwards.

Sans was very frightened, blaming everything on him after Toriel's jump of surprise. "I-I-I am so so sorry, T-Tori!" Sans repeatedly apologized even after she felt olay.

"That's okay." Toriel smiled sweetly making the skeleton's nonexistent heart melt.

"I have something to show you." Sans winked, holding onto the goat's hand, jogging to the place.

Toriel couldn't wait to see the surprise that Sans will show to her. She gasped in massive delight after being lead to an area surrounded by green trees and filled with nobody. Just the two of them.

Alone.

In a pretty much private area.

The view was elegant! Butterflies roamed around, bringing color to the place; the green and fresh grass looks peaceful, the flowers are colorful and bright as ever.

Toriel hugged Sans as her action of appreciation. He hugged back, a satisfied smile on his face.

Under the sun's warmth, the two sat on the healthy grass, enjoying the view with lovestruck smiles.