Chapter 27

The family looked at each other, an idea popping-up in their heads. Frisk, though, just looked at each of them with confusion. “I don’t get it.”

Toriel motioned for them to have a group huddle. They talked to each other, making sure Chara doesn’t hear any of it.

Chara just floated there, watching them. She is starting to become impatient about all these shenanigans. “JUST FIGHT ME!!” She whined out.

They unhuddled then looked at her. Dang, they all looked so serious.

Chara doesn’t know what to feel at this point. She feels confused, angry, sad, wistful, nostalgic, joyful, she just couldn’t describe it.

“Chara.” Toriel spoke. “We want to know something. Something very important.”

Chara’s evil grin faded. She knew she doesn’t want to show too much emotion but containing it became too difficult for her to handle these past few moments. A glimpse from her past suddenly flashes through her dark mind.

A memory.

Toriel looked at Chara sternly. She doesn’t like it when her child does any trouble. Chara looked down in shame but Toriel placed her furry hand under her chin to keep contact with her. Toriel smiled.

“I forgive you, my child. No matter what you do.

The demon looked at Toriel, attempting to escape the emotions she was feeling right now. She knew she was helpless and never understood why her emotions and feelings are coming back. She has been dead inside for a long time; why come back?

“What…do you want to know?” Chara asked solemnly. Her floating stopped as she descended downwards. As she descended, so did the four option yet the black surroundings still remained.

They were surprised by Chara’s actions. Did she just forfeit? They all know how destructive the girl is and how merciless she can be. But out of all the things she can do them to avoid the topic, she gave in?

Alphys looked at Chara then at Sans. She leaned in closer to where his ear is supposed to be and whispered. “Did she j-just gave i-in?”

Sans looked at the demon who is looking down at her feet, avoiding eye contact with her blood red eyes. “Maybe she’s planning something,” he whispered.

Alphys nodded then went back to her position, fixing her glasses in place.

Toriel isn’t giving in this time for she knows Chara as her child and not as a DEMON. She believes that Chara is still in that monsterous being.

“We want to know the reason for all of this to happen.” Toriel answered firmly.

“You don’t want to know.” Chara replied, her head still hanging low. “None of you should know.”

“And why is that?”

“Because it doesn’t matter.” Her answer made Sans flinch, knowing what she meant while the others are clueless of her words. For a child, she has a lot of knowledge about the complexity of the universe.

“And why doesn’t it matter?” Toriel asked once more but only to receive no words, no replies, no answers — just silence.

“We know you too well, Chara.” Asgore spoke. What he said is in fact true. Toriel and him became Chara’s parents once she fell down from the hole, until now they considered themselves as Chara’s parents. “We still care for you. Do you rmember what Toriel told you?”

Chara felt guilt clench her soul. Her heart palpitated rapidly as tears had the urge to get out of her eyes.

“I forgive you. No matter what you do.” Chara replied. Tears escaped her eyes. The surroundings returned back to their home with the child crying helplessly on the floor. “I know it’s wrong, that’s why I didn’t even bother to actually kill Sans but just send him to the void where his long lost father is.”

Sans didn’t felt rage towards the demon. For the first time, he felt grateful. “Thankyou.”

“Frisk, about your real parents…” Frisk looked down sorrowfully, remembering horrible and tragic experiences with them but still considered them as her parents. “You don’t deserve them. They abused you. I killed them.

“They can change…right?” Frisk asked, sadness overwhelming her. “You could have just…talked to them and—”

“No.” Chara interrupted. “They were planning to kill you.”

Toriel hugged Frisk, crying at the plan her parents planned to do to their own child. “All this time they…”

“Asriel.” Flowey looked at Chara. For the first time, Chara doesn’t have that grin on her face. “I still love you as a brother. I want you to come back. It seems impossible but…” Chara’s hand got engulfed in red flames as she reached out to touch Flowey. “What are you trying to—?”

“Helping you,” a bright glow ignited within Flowey. He floated in the air, his soul shining brightly. They stared at him in awe.

“Is he really coming back?” Undyne asked.

Frisk started jumping up and down in excitement. “He has his soul back!”

“Asriel…” Toriel said, tears of joy running out of her eyes. She covered her mouth with her hands, staring at her son in astonishment.

Asriel descended from the air. His fur shone a bright white, his brown eyes glistened with happy tears, and his favorite sweater which matched Chara’s was worn.

He ran up to his Toriel and Asgore happily. The scene was heart-touching. Seeing everybody back fills you with determination.

Asriel ran to everyone with a big hug. “I’m not a flower!” He rejoiced.

“I’m glad you get to water yourself now.” Frisk joked making the happy family laugh.

“Yeah, it’s horrible.” Asriel shrugged.

“YOU’RE NOT AN UGLY FLOWER ANYMORE!!! THANK GLOB!!!” Undyne celebrated.

“It’s hard to hug you with a fragile plant body, you know that?” Frisk said with a smile, hugging the small goat.

Asriel chuckled and hugged Frisk back tightly, not wanting to let go.

But they parted anyways.

Everyone faced Chara seeing how she looked so sincere. Tears still escape her eyes and she still continued to feel guilty of all her actions she has done in the past and now.

Asriel faced Chara, a warm smile on his face. “Welcome home!”

Chara hugged Asriel tightly. She missed him and he missed her, so dearly. The siblings embraced each other until everybody else joined in the reunion.