f σ υ я

the city was rather caliginous due to the natural void of the nightsky, making a wonderful entrance for the syzygy from above.

all humans and monsters alike admire the mesmerizing sight lying before their eyes—that was if there wasn’t any form of light pollution, but there was. The only lucky ones who would get to see them were the people living fairly far away from the city, or really distant from that main vicinity.

artificial lights from buildings were powered on, making the pavement in front of them glow. signs from small shops that were commonly tiny fluorescent bulbs forming an arrow, signaling for random people to enter, were painted in vibrant neon colors. headlights from vehicles contributed to lighting up the city as well. and there were the streetlights planted on either side of the roads and the streets to provide a much clearer path to reduce chances of getting into accidents such as falling into wet cement or running over a stray kitten. looking up above the overhead view, you could see stars dispersed everywhere forming different patterns called constellations. on the other hand, if you were in space and you were gazing at the city lights from below on our planet earth, you could see similar patterns that you could trace, too. much similar to constellations except for its source and materials of origin. either way, starlight and artificial light looked stunning. inspiring, even. but they also could give you the same answer as to what was present in both sides: life. there is life on earth and life beyond it—not validating the existence of alien species, but confirming the beauty that the cosmos hold. life, as in celestial bodies having their own lifespan; their own derivations and lifestyles.
but soon enough, they would have to encounter death. and it depends on how you lived your mortality whether you deserve to become an angelic white dwarf or terrifying blackhole.

“i would like to be a blackhole,” the child answered, holding his younger brother in his lap.

“wh—” the child’s father cut himself off, flabbergasted. he looked at his eldest son. “i just told you; either you can become an angelic white dwarf or a scary, dark, deceiving, deadly blackhole.”

“oh—are you connecting the aftermath of a supernova to the ˝life after death˝ subject that most religions believe in?” he asked.

“that’s right,” the father smiled, proud of his intelligent son. He really did pay attention to him qiote well. he patted his son’s head with adoration in his eyes. “glad you are learning a lot from me and from the books i gave you. i honestly thought you weren’t interested in them.”

“i am, dad,” his son replied. “i find studies found by humans interesting. also for a fact that the majority of them seems correct to me. they really got to discover a lot by themselves just by being on the surface.”

“i agree, but there are also studies by monsters that used to live above.”

“yes, i remember that book.”

the father smiled once again, glad to be raising his child like that. he then glanced at the younger who was asleep. he vowed to himself and to their mother to raise them to become of intelligence, and to continue his work in the laboratory until it succeeds.

“but will you ever talk about the book you’re making?” the eldest son asked, looking at his father.

“i will, son, but not until I finish and finalize it,” he answered. his son only nodded understandingly, a bit disappointed but he understood. It wasn’t done, all he had to do was wait.