ѕ ι χ

umbra.

the shadow and light. but switch it around and the umbra can become the penumbra, and vice versa.

[] 6 a.m. | toriel❜s house [selected]

the sun had risen up as both monsters and humans were beginning to do so as well.

the morning light was available to give its warming vitamin d to all, but then with all that light, there was a blanket—a not so comfortable one. the blanket was dusted with packed speckles of water vapor, subbordinated by an electrical and vacuum phenomenon.

cumulunimbus thunderclouds had already formed and sloppily positioned themselves in the stratosphere making the sky dark, blocking the light from the ethereal sun.

the weather brought melancholy to the beginning of the day; so winter cold and gloomy. the sound of heavy raindrops pitter-pattering over the roof and the ground roughly made the silence of the coldness seem louder; the heavy rain was as if it was portraying what lonesome silence would sound like if audible.

perching on the good side of such a bad weather, classes were suspended in all schools at all levels, bringing joy to the students even if it was just a week of being in school. but on the bad counterpart, it may have ruined plans that were made to be taken outside and also kept the children from playing with their friends in the grassy fields or the asphalt grounds. but then again, the coldness could be comforting at times and the sound filling in the void in people’s eardrums in a soothing manner.

in contrast to all of these things, one side beats them all; the bad side of encountering a thunderstorm, because after hearing one complain regarding this, this made the negative side beat the positive one—and that complaint was that there was no power.

the wifi connection was dead, the lights were unavailable to provide for their morning darkness, the toaster was down, some cellphones were on low battery and could not be charged, the television was gone for now, and the heater could not be turned on due to the lack of current—which was why all the monsters (and human child) living in a particular house were gathered in front of the fireplace, arguing over the warmest spot like a litter of puppies. toriel, though, was sitting on her comfy recliner, enjoying the heat without any worries other than the monsters might accidentally shove one another into the fire.

“this is my spot!” frisk argued, pushing the ex head of the royal guard away from their mentioned position, which was right in front of the fireplace.

“it’s mine now since you left! And finders keepers!” undyne yelled back defensively, the human’s small arms being no match to her strong figure, as she sat on the carpet with her arms crossed, immovable.

“NO, THIS SPOT IS FOREVER MINE!” frisk shouted into the fish’s ears, trying to push her away from their spot once again, filled with determination that they would regain their rightful throne back.

“how can someone so expressionless be sO LOUD?!” undyne questioned, getting louder at the end of her senence, making alphys giggle at the
two arguing over something so simple.

“now, now . . . ” toriel hushed in a mellow tone.

“can i cook my spaghetti over this fire directly?” papyrus asked innocently, pointing at the fire.