ѕ є ν є и

nervousness engulfed her as she stood in front of the principal’s office, fidgeting in her stance every now and then. she felt anxious and paranoid because of the fact that she was being called by the school principal, especially since the said principal had a demeanor, ever since her job interview, of being extremely and seriously strict. though, nice enough to let a monster in as a teacher and let monster children go to their school, the principal could still be quite brutal when it comes to standards.

toriel took in a deep breath for the tenth time in attempt to calm herself down — until a memory crossed her mind, a memory that just happened a few hours ago.

[] two hours ago. | toriel’s house [selected]

toriel was brushing the tangled mess of a fur on her fluffy ears. she hummed as she placed the brush down and looked into the large mirror in front of her, glancing at the way she dressed herself up for the day.

she smiled at her clothing choices when they went to the mall a few weeks ago. alphys and undyne helped her pick out some outfits and boy, do they match her style and personality quite well! the animé-loving couple always seemed to manage to mess up by their playful personality but they always end up finding a way to make the outcome of things simple yet meaningful.

toriel wore her velvet shoulder bag that was hanging behind her bedroom door, watching her brush her tangled snow white fur the entire time. the bag struck a memory into toriel’s head every time it gets into her line of sight, and despite this fact, she still chose to wear and use it as a sign of acceptance and moving on. velvet was her favorite color at the time when asgore was still courting her. he bought the bag for toriel at their date and she loved the act of generosity. until that very day when she saw velvet on the castle floors. crimson mixing with the polished mulberry wax, resulting to a velvet shade. horrifying.

but the ex queen had moved on by now, as seen by her unaffected nature around asgore himself. sure, memories and a small spark of mixed emotions could abruptly sprout every now and then, but toriel is mature and strong. sure, the sight of dead children petrified her, still, she managed to face that past with poise and rationality.

toriel walked down the banister, her thistle flat shoes tapping lightly against the wooden steps. she glanced over the living room as she continued to trudge down until the very last step. there she observed sans, alphys, undyne, flowey, and frisk lying lazily on the couches and sofas without a care in the world, while the great papyrus stayed in the kitchen, cooking his famous spaghetti.

toriel bid farewell to her loved ones and called for frisk as they were leaving to head to school. toriel was about to open the door when she felt her phone buzz in her bag.

“i wonder who’s calling me? nobody really calls me except for my family, who can’t be doing that because they are right here,” toriel wondered to herself while reaching to grab her phone in her bag.

she unlocked her phone and it automatically opened the text message sent to her.

from: sansy♡💤
to: toriel [you]

hi.

i’m here to say bye.

toriel shot a narrowed glare towards the sender of the message — who was slouching against the same couch he always chose to stay in, his phone held in between his bony fingers, as his natural grin contorted into a mischievous smirk. sans was aware of the look toriel was sending him, but he never broke eye contact with his phone.