Inevitable Fate

Prologue:

'' why are we doing this?'' asked the Queen of Aurelia.

''you know why, it's the only way to protect her.'' The King replied to his wife.

They looked down at their daughter, the month old princess. The queen lovingly ran her hand over Katherine's face. William, the king, took the baby girl out of her mother's arms and gave the baby one last kiss.

He looked over at his wife, Lillian, who was holding Katherine's blanket against her face. The baby looked at her father, with her big hazel eyes; he couldn't help but wonder why it was happening to them.

The doors to their chambers opened, the king's cousin; the duke walked in.

''William, it's time.'' George said, his hands extended for the princess. With one last kiss on her forehead, the royal parents wrapped Katherine in her blanket and the queen clasped a necklace around the baby's neck; it was going to be a symbol, if everyone survived, it was going to be that one thing that would bring her back to them.

They handed the baby to the Duke, and held onto each other with dear life. As the doors to the chamber closed, the king and queen looked each other with a knowing look. They both had to brace themselves for what was going to happen next, if all went according to plan. But for now they had to do everything in their power to protect the kingdom to Aurelia.