Chapter nine

Chapter nine:

‘’ Stronghold and Cooper, you’re free to go!’’ someone finally said after three hours. Jonathan and Kate were on either side to the holding but were handcuffed together, which meant that they had to be attached awkwardly for three hours.

Once the restrains were off, both of them rubbed their sore wrists, which had visible bruises on them.

From the way Kate felt, she knew she looked horrible. She ran a hand through her hair and tied it in a messy pony tail. When they reached the bail point, Kate saw Valerie standing on the other side; she had a worried expression on her face.

Once they were let go Valerie hugged Kate ‘’ I can’t believe they arrested you!’’ she exclaimed. Kate nodded but didn’t say anything else.

Valerie walked up to an officer, ‘’do you know who these people are?’’ she demanded to know.

‘’lady, I don’t care who they are, my job is to arrest people, not to know their biography’’

‘’well, when you get a call from the prime minister and the head of M17 in the morning, I’ll see how you won’t care.’’ She said angrily. The officer’s mouth was ajar when Valerie showed him her badge.

‘’this is the Prime minister’s son? Who is the girl then?’’ he asked.

‘’he is the prime minister’s son, and this is the finest agent we have here at M 17.’’ With that she turned around and stalked away.

‘’I think I’m going to need my gun back.’’ Kate said politely to the officer, he hurriedly gave her the things back, Jonathan mock saluted him and both of them walked away.

‘’Val! Thank you so much for bailing us out!’’ Kate said as she caught up with her.

‘’it’s my job!’’

‘’how did you know that we were here?’’ Kate asked once they reached Valerie’s escalade.

‘’there is this trigger on you gun, if it is held by someone other than you, it triggers a tracking system. The team followed the tracking system and found you.’’

‘’it took you three hours to find me? That doesn’t sound right!’’ Kate said in confusion.

‘’it took us ten minutes to find you, but I thought I would let you stay there so you know how it feels to be on the other side, think of it as part of the training.’’ Valerie smirked. Kate scowled at her.

‘’just tell me how you both ended up getting temporary tattoos of some bruises and ended up in jail?’’ she crossed her arms across her chest.

They narrated the story; apparently the men were some sort of thieves and were asking for the watch on Jonathan’s arm, which was why they ran when they heard the police siren.

‘Alright, it’s late. I’ll drop you both back at the house.’’ Valerie said and got into her car. The drive back was silent, since the two of them had spent three hours in holding they were exhausted, so exhausted that Jonathan dozed off in the car. Kate felt her eye lids closing as well, but she tried her best not to fall asleep.

When they reached the premises, Kate woke Jonathan up and got out of the car, before shutting the door, Valerie said; ‘’I have a task for you tomorrow, meet me at the office at 9 sharp.’’ Valerie said in her commanding voice which Kate knew too well, Valerie may have treated Kate like a daughter but when it came to something serious she made sure Kate understood and right now Val wanted Kate to notice the urgency in her voice which Kate did besides being so tired.