Chapter six

Chapter six:

The morning after the party Kate was up early, she kept her packed bag near the front door. She cleaned her room and sat down on the sofa.

Her phone was ringing constantly. She checked the caller ID and flipped her phone upside down, why were they calling now? She asked herself.

She ignored the calls they left her and went to the kitchen to eat something. After an hour, Jonathan walked out of his room wearing boxer shorts.

“Jonathan, put on a shirt, will you?’’ Kate hissed at him.

‘’oh sorry, I thought you were asleep’’ he said and turned around for his room. She had taken a peak at his chest and she regretted it.

Demetrius walked into the apartment, ‘’you need me to do something?’’ he asked.

‘’yes.’’ She said, not looking up.

‘’what do you want me to do?’’

‘’help me take the image of his chest out of my mind.’’ Kate said in a serious tone. Demetrius chuckled.

‘’that I can’t do, Missy. And it can’t be that bad! He works out.’’

‘’that’s the thing, it’s so good!’’ she said turning red.

‘’wow, never thought I’d hear you say that. Now I can die in peace.’’ He joked. ‘’anyway, we should leave in an hour.’’

‘’tell that to him, I’m ready.’’ they stood there in silence when something caught Kate’s eye.

‘’what is this?’’ she asked picking up the Aurelia Ledger newspaper. There was a picture of her and Jonathan from last night. They both were looking at each other while they danced.

Demetrius took the paper from her hand and inspected, ‘’it seems like someone sold your picture to the newspaper company.’’ He stated the obvious. She gave him a look, and slapped him on the head.

‘’thank you, Captain Obvious.’’

‘’you asked.’’ He mumbled.

‘’who would do something like that?’’ she asked out loud.

‘’a lot of people do.’’ He read the article underneath.

‘’hey read this.’’

‘’The PM’s son has recovered from the shooting incident, and has found himself a mystery woman. We have no idea about her identity, all we know is that she dances alongside Jonathan Cooper and has a cherry blossom tattoo. Who is this mystery woman in Johnny boy’s life? But for now, let’s call her the girl with the cherry blossom tattoo.’’ Kate read out loud. She looked a Demetrius and they both burst out laughing.

‘’seriously? The girl with the cherry blossom tattoo?’’ Demetri said. ‘’talk about being unoriginal.’’

Kate laughed, Jonathan heard them laughing and walked out, ‘’what are you laughing about?’’

Kate handed him the paper, he read it but he didn’t even crack a smile. ‘’hey, what’s wrong?’’

‘’I want to find out who would do something like that!’’ His voice boomed.

‘’hey, relax. It’s a picture, they will forget about it in no time, don’t get frazzled over this.’’ She laid her hand on his arm.

He calmed down and smiled, ‘’well at least they aren’t calling me what they are calling you.’’ He joked.