Chapter five

The first semester went without a glitch. They were adjusting well while living under the same roof, though there were a few times they had wanted to kill each other but they soon found their rhythm.

There was only one day left before the break. Jonathan was happy, because he was not liking the assignments that he had to do. Plus he had plans for the holidays.

Kate didn’t have any problems, no one had tried to attack Jonathan so it was easy for her, but she made sure she practised her skills every day, just to make sure they were intact. While she trained, she taught Jonathan a couple of survival skills, he knew most of them but just needed some practice.

Kate found out that Jonathan was horrible at cooking, but made sure to teach him that as well. His mother was happy to see him the way he was. He was working on his own.

Kate loosened up to his friends, they were pretty amazing. She made a friend as well, she was in their law class with them and it seemed that Zach had his eyes on her.  She was great, Jane McIntyre. She had long blond hair that she usually kept in a braid. She also had a wicked sense of style. It was pretty amazing to look at.

The first they had met, she and Kate connected with a click. They had a lot in common yet they were really different. Kate was petite, Jane was tall and lean. Kate had light brown hair, Jane had blond. They had told Jane as well that they were dating. It was the safest thing to do.

 Jonathan had planned a party at the pent house, Kate and Jonathan would head to the stores to get supplies after their class ended, which gave them enough time to set everything up.

A knock sounded on Kate’s door. She was sitting on the floor, finishing up the last assignment.

‘’come in.’’ She said straightening up a bit, they may live together, but she didn’t need to give him any false signals.

Jonathan walked in holding his books. He ran a hand through his hair and looked at her with a pleading look. She chuckled. ‘’ you need help, don’t you?’’ he nodded. She patted the ground next to her telling him to sit next to her.

He sat next to her crossed legged and opened his books. ‘’I can’t understand this bit here.’’ He said pointing at the paragraph.

She took the book from his hand and took a look at the paragraph. While she went through it, he looked around her room. She had a small stereo in the corner that was playing soft instrumental music. Her room was neater than his, but he did have everything accordingly, he didn’t like living in a dirty room and since they have been on their own, he has taking up on cleaning his room which hasn’t been that hard.

Kate cleared her throat to get his attention, she explained him what it meant, but Jonathan just watched her. How she twisted her hands to prove something, or how she brushed back the loose tendrils of her hair behind her ear when she was concentrating, he noticed how she bit on her lower lip when she couldn’t understand anything.

He flicked his eye on the book when Kate said; ‘’understand?’’ he nodded and got up slowly.

‘’Thank you.’’ He said smiling at her. She looked at his eyes, they weren’t blue, and they were more to the aqua shade.

‘’sure.’’ She replied closing her book.

‘’do you want me to prepare dinner or will you order in?’’ he asked with one hand on the door knob.

‘’is it okay if we order in?’’ she asked moving to get up.

‘’sure, Chinese?’’ he asked. She nodded and watched him leave the room.