Chapter twelve

Chapter twelve:

In the next couple of days she had spent at the cooper household had been life changing, for Katherine at least. Mr and Mrs. Cooper treated Kate nothing less than they treated their own children, which involved the frequent lectures from them. But Kate didn’t seem to mind, she rather enjoyed them because they would teach her something new each time.

Kate woke up one morning feeling a like a complete different person, she knew that she hadn’t felt this way ever before which was why she freaked out instantly.

She rolled out of bed and walked to the window and pushed it open and she let the wind blow her thoughts and her hair away. Today Kate was not herself, but she knew it was a positive change. She felt as if she could conquer anything she wanted today.

Not wanting to let the feeling pass her she hurriedly got ready and went downstairs to have something to eat. The culinary cook, Robert was preparing a batch of pancakes for Anna with his wife, Agnes.

‘’good morning!’’ Kate chirped as she took a seat on the island stool.

‘’morning!’’ they said in unison.

‘’can I help with something?’’ she asked looking over their shoulders to see what else was there to eat.

‘’oh no, dearie, we’re okay. Tell me, Katherine, what can I give you today?’’ Agnes asked. Kate thought as to what she wanted to have and after giving it a thought she said;

‘’surprise me!’’ and winked at Agnes.

Agnes got to work and Kate watched how her husband would occasionally stare at her with a small smile on his face. Even after all these years they were madly in love.

Kate had asked how they had met and when she heard the story, her heart burst with passion and she could understand why they were so madly in love even after all these years.

‘’hey!’’ Kate heard a voice from the kitchen door. She turned around and saw Anna and Aurora standing there.

‘’hi there!’’ Kate smiled at them, but kept her eyes on Aurora.

‘’why are you sitting here?’’ Anna asked walking in with aurora.

‘’I’m waiting for breakfast!’’

‘’you could wait in your room, they can serve you there as well!’’

‘’yeah I know, I didn’t want to bother Robert and Agnes with the hassle and plus they are good company.’’ Kate smiled at the married couple. Anna looked at Kate and sat down next to her and Aurora followed.

‘’well, I want to try that as well.’’ Robert and Agnes gave each other a look, all the years they had worked here and they hadn’t once seen Anna sit with them. They both had decided that Katherine was a good influence on the Cooper siblings. They weren’t spoilt but they never looked at life in a way that took their breath away and Kate did.

‘’so what are you girls up to?’’ Kate asked grabbing glasses for the three of them and pouring juice in them.

‘’oh Aurora was over for a sleepover and we woke up about half an hour ago.’’

‘’that’s nice! Did you guys have fun?’’ Kate asked

‘’oh yes it was incredible. Anna showed me that video of you dancing with Jonathan and I must say, you both looked amazing!’’ Aurora said Kate lifted her eyes and looked at the girl; this was the first time she had heard something like that. She smiled and nodded.

‘’yeah, and I’m surprised that Aurora woke up this early!’’ Anna said

‘’what do you mean?’’ Kate asked looking confused. The girls giggled.