Chapter four

’do you have to wear that?’’ Jonathan asked as Kate was putting on her gun holster.

She nodded. ‘’it’s the only place I can keep it without making anyone suspicious.’’ She slipped on her cotton demin jacket. Her attire was comfortable, she needed it for the day. It consisted of brown loose leather skinny’s, paired with a full sleeved shirt.

She grabbed the shoulder bags from the counter and handed one to Jonathan. ‘’there is lunch inside your bag.’’ She stated and made her way out.

He followed, when they reached the parking lot, Jonathan made his way over to his car. ‘’no, we’re riding in my car today.’’ Kate said making her way to her car.

‘’what, come on, you can’t be serious.’’ He said in a frustrated voice.

‘’of course I am, plus my car is better than yours.’’ She smirked at him and continued walking to her car.

‘’that’s not possible, my car is, without any doubt, better than yours.’’ He said, following her.

‘’I highly doubt, just wait and see it.’’ They walked at the end of the parking lot and when Jonathan saw her car he stopped. Kate knew that this was going to happen and she silently laughed.

‘’dude, come on, we’ll be late for our first day.’’ She called for him and unlocked the car.

‘’how did you get this?’’ he asked, not moving from his place.

‘’there are few quirks of working as an agent.’’ She said and slipped into the car.

Jonathan stared at the Cadillac 16 with awe, it was one of those cars you barely saw around. If anything he had wished he had started saving money to get it, and it was pretty expensive at that.

He sat down in the car and looked at everything. He couldn’t believe it.

‘’If you’re done drooling, can we leave?’’ she asked him, he slowly nodded and turned the engine on.

Before putting the car in drive she sent a signal to the guards, telling them they were leaving. She started driving, and saw a black escalade following them at a reasonable pace. They really knew how to do their jobs.

‘’so you ready?’’ She asked Jonathan. He nodded.

‘’it’ll be great, I have friends here, and it should be fun.’’ He smiled reassuringly at her. Whether she liked it or not she was actually nervous about her first day. She fingered the necklace around her neck, she did that when she needed comfort. It was one of the things that made her calm.

The ten minute drive was uneventful. As they approached the gates of Duke University School, Jonathan and Kate, both, sensed that everyone was staring.

‘’maybe it wasn’t a good idea using this car.’’ Kate said out loud.

‘’are you kidding me? This is great, I get to make an entrance.’’ He mused like a kid.

She rolled her eyes and searched for a parking. Once she had parked the car, they both got out of the car in sync. Jonathan slid his bag on top of the car and reached inside to put on his jacket. It was like in the movies, everyone was staring. So was Kate, but her stare was different than others. Her stare was the bored type, mixed with the killing type, because he had casually put his bag on top of her car.

He saw her stare so he casually slipped his bag off the car and onto her shoulder. He made his way to her side and put his arm around her. This was going to be a signal for everyone to know.

Kate and Jonathan walked in sync to the office, but everyone still stared. Once they were in the building, Kate shook his arm of off her.

‘’I didn’t ask before, what are you majoring in?’’ she asked.