Epilogue

Epilogue:

*four years later*

‘’having fun, Aura?’’ Kate asked her sister who was sitting by the pool with her friends.

‘’of course, you want to join us?’’ she asked her sister.

‘’no, I’m alright. I have to work.’’ She said as she winked at her and walked away.

‘’it sucks to be you!’’ Aurora teased her sister who stuck her tongue at her.

Aurora watched her 24 year old sister walk away, she smiled at her back. They had known each other for four years and they had become best of friends.

Kate sat in her car and drove to the destination that James had provided her with. Valerie had given her a task early morning and she wanted to get it done with.

She stopped her car on a cliff, it was an empty field with the view of the centre of the kingdom. She looked around and saw nothing.

‘’James, are you sure you got the right place?’’ she asked through her ear piece.

‘’of course I did, I’m a genius!’’ he said back.

‘’I know you are but there is nothing here.’’

‘’just wait for it.’’ He said.

Kate looked around and saw nothing, she heard the trotting of a horse and she turned her head in that direction. A guy riding a brown horse came into view.

Kate couldn’t see who it was but as the person got closer her hand lowered.

“Jonathan?’’ she exclaimed stuffing her gun in her holster.

‘’I’m sorry, I had to get you out here somehow with you being suspicious.’’ He said, jumping off the horse. He neared her and kissed her on the lips.

They hadn’t seen each other for over three months, with Kate’s princess lessons and duties, and with Jonathan being away with his firm it was hard for them to meet.

‘’I’ve missed you!’’ she whispered, hiding her face in the crock of his neck.

‘’I’ve missed you too!’’ he replied.

They walked to the edge of the hill and over looked the kingdom.

‘how was work?’’ she asked him, Jonathan was the youngest junior partner in a law firm, he had been working there for the past three years and because of his hard work he was one of the most successful lawyers.

‘’it’s good, I got back this morning.’’

‘’and you waited until now to meet me?’’ she asked, narrowing her eyes at him.

‘’well, I had to act like a knight in shining armour for my princess.’’ He smiled at her.

‘’you’re so cheesy!’’

‘’I know.’’

‘’I love you!’’ Kate said, smiling brightly at him.

‘’I love you too!’’ he replied.

‘’so we’re here for a reason, but you have to hear me out first.’’ Jonathan said, taking her hand in his.

‘’okay.’’

‘’I’ve been thinking, these past months that I’ve been away from you, I’ve realized that I miss you at all times. I look for reasons to just call you just to hear your voice.’’ He said, chuckling nervously.

‘’I love that you make me want to be a better man, and I love that when we go out, you order extra olives on your salad just so you can give them to me, I also love that when I smell you in, you smell like cherries. I am absolutely in love with you, Kate.’’ He paused and bent down on one knee. ‘’so, will you do the honours of being my wife and forever keeping me happy?’’ his gaze was boring right into hers.

Kate’s eyes were filled with happy tears, ‘’of course I will.’’ She whispered, Jonathan jumped up and put the ring on her finger, and kissing her passionately.

‘’I love you, Jonathan!’’ she said to him.

‘’I love you too.’’ He whispered, leaning his forehead on top of hers.

Kate looked at the ring and smiled but her smile disappeared. ‘’you know what this means right?’’ she asked him.

‘’what?’’

‘’you’ll have to rule Aurelia with me?’’

‘’oh, well I hadn’t thought of that.’’ He said to her smiling.

‘’you can’t take your proposal back.’’ She said, taking her hand away from him.

‘’I would never do that!’’ he said, kissing her one more time. Kate smiled against his lips and realized that she was incredibly blessed.

It was incredible how fate found its way back to her when she needed it the most.