Chapter seventeen

Chapter seventeen:

 Kate stopped her car out of view from the warehouse, she got out. As the cold air hit her, she opened the trunk and pulled on an oversized jacket on top of her tank top.

She peeked from behind the bush and took a picture of the warehouse and send it to James.

‘’James, I’ve sent you a picture, I want you to map the warehouse and search for it. Maybe find out how many rooms there are. Can you do that?’’ she asked.

‘’of course I can. Just give me a minute.’’ His voice crackled through.

She took that time to load her guns and she sat silently on the hood of her car, just preparing herself for what was about to happen. The feeling she had in her gut was this. She should’ve listened to it.

‘’Katherine, there are eight rooms, I can’t tell which room who is in, but there are only four people in the building. Open the bag that Valerie gave you, there is this device that will help you in telling you where each one of them are.’’

‘’copy that.’’ With that she opened the bag and like James had said there was the device.

‘’I’m going in, alert the station.’’ Kate spoke through the ear piece, a series of ‘copy that’ followed.

Kate’s hand reached the necklace around her neck and she closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

She looked at the sky above her and saw the trails of dark clouds, it was going to rain. She sighed and started walking. She had to maintain a specific cover so she wouldn’t startle them. She walked slowly along the bushes, in case she needed to hide.

Once she reached the warehouse, she looked for an entrance. She pushed opened the window and silently jumped in. She looked at her surroundings.

The warehouse was probably abandoned a long time ago because there were still traces of dust everywhere, plus all the things were covered with sheets. Kate assumed that it was a storage area for someone once.

She took the device out and turned it on. Kate was in the middle room, which meant that there were people on either side. She walked towards her left, her back against the wall and gun in hand.

As she walked through the warehouse, she heard vague voices; Kate instantly went into her defensive stance. She peeked from the corner and saw two buff men standing near a door talking animatedly.

There was no way she could ambush them, so she charged toward the man who had his back toward her and jumped on him.

‘’Hey!’’ the other man shouted when he saw her. Kate stood up and tried to kick him but he grabbed her leg and pushed her back. She fell backwards on her back. She laid there for a minute.

‘’you killed her!’’ thing one said to thing two.

‘’I didn’t mean to! Oh boss is going to kill us!’’ thing two said.

‘’first check if she’s really dead.’’

She felt one of them coming near her and bending forward, she lifted her legs and locked his head between them and pulled. He fell to the ground the same time she rose. She grabbed her cuffs and cuffed the one who fell to the ground.

‘’you’re really pissing me off!’’ said the one standing in front of her. She smiled at him as a signal that told him that she was enjoying it. He charged toward him and she grabbed his hand and looped the cuff through the drainage pole next to the wall before she cuffed him.

‘’ now, you guys will tell me where Victor is keeping the hostage’’ Kate said in a low tone as she bent down in front of their faces.

One of them barked out a laugh. ‘’you really think we will do that? You must be joking!’’