Chapter three

Chapter three:

Two days later, Kate and Jonathan were standing inside the apartment, it was a pent house, which meant that there was enough space for the both of them.

Kate spent most of the day settling into her room. It was a spacious room, which was good because she had enough space to set up the computer tracking system.

There was a study table in the corner of the room, in front of the window. She had placed her computer on it and had already begun working on it.

When she was done she stored her other equipment in her closet for later use. She took out a baseball bat that she had brought it with her and took it to Jonathan’s room.

The door was closed so she knocked on it. He opened the door and stared at her.

‘’keep this near your bed, in case you need to use it’’ she said handing the bat to him.

‘’why would I need it, aren’t you going to be there?’’ he asked looking confused. She sighed.

‘’just keep it, it’s just a precaution.’’ She turned around and went back to her room.

The movers had been around all day and there was a cleaning lady who had helped along with the movers to settle everything in. There were supplies of food stocked in the fridge for Kate and Jonathan to use.

The apartment across from theirs was for the other two guards, Demetrius and Anthony. They were going to be around them as well. The Prime minster wanted to be extra sure.

The doorbell sounded and Kate’s instincts stepped in. She ran towards her drawer and took out her gun and slowly made her way to the door. She peaked from the hole and relaxed when she saw who it was.

It was the prime minister and his wife. She tucked her gun in her jeans and opened the door. Kate had yet to meet Mrs. Cooper.

Jonathan walked out of his room wearing sweatpants and greeted his parents.

‘’hi! What are you guys doing here?’’ he asked hugging his mother.

‘’oh we just wanted to check if you had settled in just fine.’’ His mother replied.

‘’of course, everything is great. We’re all settled in.’’

Kate stood obliviously at the door. David sensed her uneasiness and said: ‘’Illyria, this is Katherine’’

Mrs. Cooper turned around and looked at Kate. ‘’it’s so nice to finally meet you. I want to thank you for doing this.’’ She said all while hugging Kate.

‘’nice to meet you too.’’ Kate replied once she was released.

They all took their seat in the living room. ‘’we won’t keep you, tomorrow is an important day. We just came to wish you good luck and wanted to inform you that a cook will come each day to cook a good meal for you all.’’ Mr. Cooper said.

Kate looked up immediately. “ Sir, is it okay if there is no cook?’’

‘’why is that dear?’’

‘’well, if a different cooks comes each day, it will be more dangerous for Jonathan. We can cook our own meals it won’t be a problem.’’ Kate said clasping her hands together.

‘’are you sure?’’ Asked Mrs. Cooper.

‘’I’m positive.’’

‘’I can’t cook, I haven’t made one meal in my entire life.’’ Jonathan tried to reason.