Chapter seven

Chapter Seven:

Kate stood in front of the floor length mirror in Anna’s room. They had gone out and gotten her a dress. The girls decided to get ready together, as Anna needed help with her hair and Kate said she would help.

Anna had on a purple coloured dress and Kate had made her hair, they were swept sideways and she curled them to the right.

Kate had on a deep red coloured dress, it had a strap on one shoulder, and it was a floor length gown and had a slit starting from the knee. Her hair was in a twisted bun, with a few loose strands.

‘’you look amazing!’’ Anna gushed. Kate smiled and before she could say anything the door opened.

‘’oh  good, both of  you are ready.’’ Mrs Cooper said. ‘’let’s go?’’

Both the girls nodded. They exited the room and walked towards the stairs. Mrs. Cooper and Anna went down first. Kate touched her necklace and drew in a breath.

She slowly walked down the staircase, carefully, so she didn’t trip over her dress. As she stepped off the last step she saw Jonathan and his family standing in the hall. They all turned around and looked at her.

She smiled at them, Jonathan was wearing a three piece black suit which fit him like a glove.

‘’you look beautiful!’’ Mr Cooper said, smiling at her.

Jonathan reached her and offered her a hand, she interlaced her arm in his and they made their way to the car.

Mr and Mrs Cooper were being driven by the drivers and the other three were going to go in their own car. Kate and Anna sat in Jonathan’s car and took off.

The Aurelian Castle was settled on top of a hill, which over looked the kingdom. It was beautiful, the castle showed everything about Aurelia, the history, the culture and the tradition. Kate couldn’t help but admire the place.

As they reached the palace, Kate’s heart beat quickened, she wasn’t sure why but it did. When Jonathan stopped the car at the palace entrance, she was so zoned out that Jonathan had to shake her to get her attention.

‘’you okay?’’ he asked as he helped her out of the car.

She nodded and smiled at him, she was going to enjoy her night. All three of them walked inside the palace and Kate turned to talk to Anna.

‘’you’re friends with the princess, right?’’ she asked.

‘’yes, Aurora and I have known each other since birth, we also go to the same boarding school. She’s my age!’’ Anna gushed happily. From the looks of it, they were best friends.

Kate nodded at the information, Jonathan lead them to the ball room which was set up for the occasion. Kate smiled at her surroundings.

Jonathan noticed something different about her. Her eyes were lit up, and there was a glow about her. It was something about the palace that had her looking like she belonged there. He couldn’t put his finger to what it was.

The drinks were being carried around and the three of them grabbed a glass each, and met with the coopers.

There was a banging sound from the staircase, everyone went quite and diverted their attention towards the sound.

‘’now announcing his and her royal highness, King William Brandon Stronghold Evanovich and Queen Lillian Marcus Stronghold Evanovich.’’ The double doors opened and the king and queen walked out and onto the stair case.

‘’her royal highness Princess Aurora Magnus Stronghold Evanovich.’’ The little princess joined them with such grace that Kate could not take her eyes of her.