Key To My Heart ~ Chapter 4

A/N:  Hey guys!!! <3  This is just a quick note to say that, in parts of the story such as this chapter, the characters will be going to Hollow Bastion.  As all you Kingdom Hearts lovers will know, it's also called Radient Gardens.  So, if at some points in this story I say 'Radient Gardens' instead of 'Hollow Bastion', I apologize in advance! ^.^

  RECAP: 

   “You know,” Maryx’s voice made you and Sora jump and snap out of your whisper-conversation, “I can hear everything you're saying, so you may as welljust speak at your normal volume.  I don’t really care if you talk about me.’

  Normally this sort of remark would’ve made you want to pound her, even though she was a girl.  But there was something about the way she said it.  She sounded…almost like she was used to bad things being said about herself in front of her. You tried to catch her eyes, but her gaze was fixed on her iPod Touch.

  “I'm hungry!” Sora exclaimed, before you could comment.

STORY STARTS:

Your POV

  The trip to Hollow Bastion had been a long one.  You hardly took your eyes off your iPod the whole way, only glancing up occasionally when someone spoke to you.  Sora and Riku tried to make more conversation with you for the first half hour, but soon gave up and started talking about something that had happened at school.

  You couldn’t help but sigh as the ship landed.  Luckily, they didn’t hear you and were already hopping off the ship.

  “…Bastion, Maryx?”

  “Hmm?” you said, saving your high score and turning off your iPod Touch.  You jumped down after them and turned to look at Riku.

  He looked a bit surprised to see that you were actually listening.  'Huh, he must’ve been trying to get my attention for a while.'   “I was asking if you'd ever been to Hollow Bastion before.”

  “Oh,” you said in a bored tone.  “No, never been there.  I’ve heard a lot about it, though.”

  Riku opened his mouth to reply but Sora beat him to it.  “You’ll love Hollow Bastion!  We’ll introduce you to our friends!”  Riku rolled his eyes and you nearly grinned, but stopped yourself from doing so.

  “'Kay,” you said, trying to look uninterested.  “Who are your friends?”

  “There’s Yuffie, Aerith, Cloud, Tifa, Leon, Yuna, Rikku, Paine, Merlin, and Cid,” said Sora, counting them off on his fingers.

  “Oh, by the way,” Riku interrupted, “Leon gets really annoyed if you call him Squall.”

  You made a face.  “What's the point in telling me that?”

  Sora opened his mouth and closed it.  Riku looked annoyed once again, and he was about to say something when you heard a voice yelling out, “Hey guys!”

  “Yuffie!” Sora and Riku said at the same time.  A girl with short raven hair and black clothes jumped in front of you, and you leapt back, startled.  'Where the hell did she come from?  Did she fall out of the sky?'

  Riku shook his head.  “Now look what you did, Yuffie, you freaked Maryx out!  You’ve got to stop leaping off buildings.” 

   “I didn’t get freaked out," you said, glaring at him.  “I’m just not used to people diving off buildings into my face like insane people.”