Key To My Heart ~ Chapter 8

Recap:

  Mulan ran up to you as the four of you approached.  “Th...thank goodness...you’re back!” she said, panting. “He’s…he’s done it again!”

  “Who?” Sora asked.

  “The man…in the black cloak,” she said.“But he didn’t...create an earthquake this time.He just destroyed a whole village...with fire!”

  “WHAT?!” you, Sora, and Riku yelled.

STORY STARTS: 

  “No way!” Sora said.  “Maryx just smashed him!  And I shot him as he faded!  He destroyed a village at the same time?”

  You rolled your eyes.  “Oh, yes Sora, he destroyed a city while we were fighting him.  It’s only something that the average person can achieve.”

  “It’s so strange,” Mulan said, “this is the first time he's used fire to wipe out a village.”

  “Fire?” you repeated.  “Could it be Axel?”

  “How did you know that Ax -” Sora started.

  “The King made me study half the time!” you snapped at Sora.  “How many times do I have to tell you...”

  “It can’t be Axel,” he objected.  “He’s good now!”

  “He could’ve changed when he was resurrected or whatever, Sora,” Riku reminded him.

  “And besides,” you added, “which other Organization member fights with fire?  The only other way the village could’ve been destroyed that way is if it was started with lightning…”

  “Larxene,” Riku confirmed, “which is highly unlikely.”

  “Who’s Larxene?” Sora asked.

  “Number twelve,” you and Riku replied.  “So it must be Axel,” you finished.

  “You can reach the village in a few minutes if you go along that path,” Mulan pointed in one direction.  “If you hurry, you might catch him.”

                                    *                               *                             *

  Soon you had reached what might’ve been a village, but was now a crumbling, smoking pile of blackened rubble.  “Ugh, just look at this mess,” Kairi said in disgust and horror.

  “Hel-lo!”  The four of you turned around to see Axel and a woman with blonde hair in strange-looking pigtails.

  “That’s Larxene,” Riku informed Sora.

  Larxene smirked. “Nice to see you again Sora…not.”

  “Huh?” Sora looked confused.  “I’ve never meet you before!”

  She let out a humorless laugh.  “Oh I forgot, you can’t remember.  Never mind!  It doesn’t matter. Not now, anyway.  Axel’s gonna kill you!”

  “Blunt, much?” you muttered.

  “Wait, what?” Axel stammered.  “You said that we’d take them on togeth-”

  A swirling dark mist surrounded Larxene.  “Have fun, Axel!” she laughed as she disappeared.

  Axel shook his head.  “How nice of her,” he said, summoning his chakrams.