Key To My Heart ~ Chapter 23 (FINAL)

A/N: LAST CHAPTER! :'( Btw, yes, there IS a reference to Demyx Time 15 in here!

RECAP:

"What was I saying? What sort of a question's that?" he asked, and he seemed like he was almost angry.

"Well I didn't-"

"Doesn't it mean anything to you? I never said that to anyone and you just brush it off?"

"No, I can't remem-"

"Was it too soon or something? Are you not ready for that kind of relationship?"

"Riku, the Nobodies made me forget wha-"

"How else can I say it? I love you! What, you wanted it in another language?"

Speechless, your jaw dropped in shock. He kept talking, saying something about yelling from rooftops like Yuffie, but you weren't listening. "You love me?" you managed finally, stopping him in mid-rant.

STORY STARTS:

"What?"

"You love me? Th-that's what you said?"

That silenced him and he realized what you were saying. "Oh...you...couldn't remember..."

'Holy...When was the last time anyone said that to me? Besides Kaori?'

"Ryx?" he ventured after a moment. "Say something?"

"You thought I didn't care," you said.

"Well...yeah, I didn't even think that you couldn't remember." Another awkward moment passed. "So...do you...?"

Four and a half minutes. That's how long you made out with him for when you cut him off from what he was going to say.

"What do you think?" you asked, when you finally pulled back, panting.

"I think that you enjoy leading me on, and that you did that so it would hurt even more when you say that you don't love me and that its way to soon, and that we should end this right now because you can't deal with that sort of relationship, and that we can't even be friends if I have those sort of feelings for you, and-"

You started laughing; how could you not? "What's so funny?" he asked, looking annoyed and worried at the same time.

"That's the second time you've ranted in one day," you said between laughs. "I've never heard you ranting before!"

He blushed as he tried to regain his composure. "Of course I love you, Riku," you said, finally calming down. "I've never felt this way about anyone before. And I really, really love you."

Sighing with relief, he hugged you closer. "I love you too. With all my heart."

You felt so safe, so secure in his warm arms; you wished you could hold on forever, feeling the love you had for each other practically radiating off of you. 'He loves me!' you thought. 'He actually loves me!'

Out of nowhere you heard a thump from outside. You and Riku looked up from your embrace to see what was happening. 'Aaaand, there's the interruption...'

"They said it!" you could hear Sora and Kaori declaring. "They finally said it!"

"I knew they would be eavesdropping," Riku groaned.

"I tried to warn you, but you didn't seem so happy to see me!" someone said.

You turned your head without letting go of Riku. "YUFFIE!! How the hell did you get back in here?"