Key To My Heart ~ Chapter 11

TRIGGER WARNING: MENTIONS OF PHYSICAL/SEXUAL ABUSE.  A chapter summary is included at the end of the chapter if you wish to avoid triggers.

Recap:

Riku's POV 

  You made a face.  "You're not showing me how I look twenty years from now, are you?"

  The King sighed. "No, Riku," he said.

  You pulled the second chair closer to him and stared at the crystal ball.  "What's it for then?" you said suspiciously.

  The King looked up at you.  "I'm goin' to show ya Maryx's past," he said seriously.

STORY STARTS 

Riku's POV

  "Wait, what?" you said, stunned.  "You can show me Maryx's past?"

  "Yup!" the King replied.  "I know that it's a private thing, and that she wouldn't like it, but I think it would clear up a lot!"

  You hesitated a little. "I don't know..."

  "I saw it already," he told you, "and I felt guilty at first.  But, when I saw the whole thing, I felt pretty relieved!  Because I knew why Maryx is so...the way she is."

  'Maryx is going to kill me...but she'll never find out...right?'  "Well...alright," you gave in.

  The King waved his hands over the crystal ball again and the fog in it cleared.  "Whoa."  You saw Maryx at around thirteen in hand-to-hand combat with a blonde girl at about the same age, in a big room.  They were moving incredibly fast, but you had seen Maryx fight enough times to be able to vaguely follow them.  "Can you see them?" the King asked you, and you nodded.

  Suddenly Maryx managed kicked the blonde girl in the stomach, and the girl flew across the room and slammed into a wall.  Maryx stayed where she was, waiting for the girl to get up.  When the girl had joined her again, a tall, fit man with dark black hair came to their side.  "Good job, girls," he said.  "Paige, you could've blocked that kick.  You were focusing too much on blocking Maryx's punches.  Maryx, you had plenty of opportunities to hit Paige.  Do it sooner next time."  He glanced at his watch quickly.  "You both still have half an hour left.  Spar until the bell rings or until you collapse."

  When he left the blonde girl, apparently Paige, groaned.  "We've been training for the last four hours and he wants us to spar even more?" she complained.

  Maryx shook her head and grinned.  "Another half hour won't kill you, Paige," she laughed.

  "I think it will," she moaned.  Maryx laughed again and they both started to spar once more.

  The image started to fade.  "What's happening?" you asked anxiously.

  "It's just skipping the next half hour or so," the King informed you.

  Maryx and Paige appeared again, thought this time they were walking down a street lined with trees and houses.  "Can't. Walk," Paige said as she stepped forward haltingly.  "Too. Sore. To. Move."

  Maryx shoved her playfully.  "You weakling!  It wasn't that bad!"

  "Not that bad?  Are you nuts?" Paige asked.  "That was the hardest training session ever!"

  "Well, I go for private training on Fridays," Maryx said, "and believe me, those are way harder."

  "Poor you," she said sympathetically. "By the way, I won the competitions yesterday!"