Key To My Heart ~ Chapter 10

RECAP: 

  Meg turned to look at Sora.  “They’re all coming to see Wonder-boy here win another fight.”

  “Can we watch?” Sora asked, looking excited.

  “No Sora,” Riku said.

  “We’d love to,” you told Hercules, “but we really have to get going.”

  “You two are spoilsports,” Sora pouted.  Then he suddenly looked concerned.  “Kairi!”

  “What? Where?” Riku asked, looking around.

  “I forgot!  She's waiting for us to come back!” Sora said.  He high-fived Hercules.  “Sorry, Herc, but we gotta go.”  Randomly he glomped a surprised Meg. “Bye Meg!”

  “Is he high or something?” you muttered to yourself.

  “Hey, no glomping my wife!” Hercules said, grinning and pulling Meg away from Sora.

  Sora’s jaw dropped. “Now you two are married?”

  "Good Lord, not this again," Riku groaned.

STORY STARTS: 

  You and Riku finally managed to tear Sora away from Meg and Hercules, saving them from his wedding questions.  “Good luck finding the rest of those keys, you guys!” Hercules called out as Riku dragged Sora back to the Gummi Ship.

  “Why is everyone getting married?” Sora whined once you were back in the Gummi Ship.

  “I really don’t know Sora” Riku said.  “Stop asking me.”

  Kairi entered the room looking pale and drawn.  “Hey you’re back,” she said, smiling faintly.

  “Kairi?! What's wrong?” Sora exclaimed.

  “I think I’m sick,” she murmured before fainting.  Luckily Sora ran up and caught her before to fell to the floor.   ‘You’re sick?’ you thought. ‘Gosh, we didn’t realize, Kairi...

  “Don’t say it,” Riku warned you as he followed Sora, who was carrying Kairi, into the hallway.

  You followed them into your room, where they were putting her on the bed. “Say what?”

  “You were going to say something sarcastic,” he replied.

  “No I wasn’t!” you said, even though you had thought it.

  “You were thinking it, then?"

  “Whatever,” you muttered.  “Does she have a fever, Sora?”

  Sora felt her forehead.  “It feels really warm,” he said, looking worried.

  You looked at his flushed face and noticed that his eyes were a little red, and he looked slightly dazed.  “Sora, are you okay?” you asked him.

  “What?” he said, obviously faking.  “Of course I’m okay.  Why wouldn’t I be okay?  It’s not like I’m sick or something,” he added, laughing nervously.

  Riku shook his head.  “Sora, I’ve known you for years, and that is the most obviously lie you’ve ever told.”

  You reached out and felt Sora’s forehead.  “You’re sick too,” you accused him.  “Why didn’t you say something?”

  “I didn’t think it was serious!” Sora said.

  You rolled his eyes.  “Common knowledge: most people tend to think that if it comes with a fever, it’s serious.”