Key To My Heart ~ Chapter 15

A/N: Picture of Kaori! :D  Except she has dark skin ----------------->

RECAP: 

  "It's great to meet you!  Come to Pride Rock," Nala said.  "Simba and Rafiki will want to see you, there've been some of those..." A blast interrupted her, knocking everyone but you down.  "Kairi? Sora?"  You poked them with your paw and realized they were unconscious.

  "It's good to finally meet you, Maryx," Zexion said, appearing in a portal behind you.

  You groaned and turned around.  "You know, this tactic is getting kinda..." you stopped short when you saw who was with him.  "Kaori?!"

STORY STARTS:

  You stared at your sister, forgetting about Zexion, who was in human form, for a moment.  Even though she was a lion cub, you could tell it was her.  The fact that she actually had a pencil behind her ear and that she had the same expressive, dark brown eyes as you were a dead giveaway.

  Before you could speak, Zexion raise a hand and dark walls rose up around Kaori, encasing her in a black-and-purple cell.  She banged on the walls and you could see that she was trying to call out to you, but you couldn't hear what she was saying.  "If you win, you can have her.  If you lose, we use her for Kingdom Hearts and they die."  He nodded at the others lying unconscious on the ground. 

  Trying to stay calm, you looked him in the eye.  "What is it with you people and your deals?  'Do this or perish.'  'Join this or die.'  'Hurry up or he'll be gone.'  'If you lose, she'll be eliminated.'  They're becoming empty threats, you know."

  He smirked and a dark tornado formed in front of you, drawing you closer to him.  "Big words coming from a cub," he said as you struggled to free yourself.  Just before it pulled you towards him you managed to break free, and you automatically summoned Broken Pieces and attacked him, forgetting that you couldn't fight holding it in your hands.  Zexion easily fended you off, laughing.  After a few more feeble attempts he made a duplicate of your weapon and attacked you with it.  "Just give in!"

  'Screw this,' you thought as he produced enough power to push Kaori further away.  'Why am I even bothering with my Keyblade?'  Your weapon vanished and you got out your claws.  "You think you can claw the life out of me?" Zexion laughed.

  "Exactly," you muttered.  You moved rapidly to his side, and before he had realized what you had done you were attacking him the same way you normally fight, except with claws.  He screamed as he tried to escape from you, black and purple blood oozing out of numerous scratches.  Finally he managed to get away.  Once again he summoned a dark tornado to draw you in, but this time you were expecting it.  Easily dodging it, you stood back in a fighter's stance, gathering energy between your paws as quickly as possible.  "Kame...ame...ha!" you yelled, sending the energy roaring into the tornado and pushing it back into him.

  He tried to move away from it but couldn't, and the tornado ended up catching him and bringing him back to you.  While he was momentarily dazed you used the same tactic as before, clawing and scratching him for all you were worth.  He tried to block you again, but you wouldn't back down.  Only a few minutes passed before he was fading away.  The walls around Kaori came down, but she still hung back.

  "No...impossible..." Zexion said as you aimed your Keyblade at him.  Without hesitation you shot him dead.

  As soon as he was gone you ran up to Kaori and practically jumped on her.  "My God, Kaori, I've been looking everywhere for you!" you said and you pounced on her.