Chapter 12- Dinner Date

((Hope your weekend is good so far! I went to a wedding yesterday, so I had so much fun! Enjoy this chapter!))

You got ready and found a pretty dress. Once your hair and makeup was done, you left your room and saw Alesa.

"Hey, you look nice. Who's it for?" She grinned. You scratched your head and smiled bashfully.

"Max is taking me to dinner tonight." Her face lit up and she pulled you into a hug.

"Have fun!" She exclaimed, turning the other way and walking down the hall. You walked to the stairs and went down carefully in your (shoe choice). You saw Max waiting when you got to the bottom. He was wearing a really nice tux with a blue tie. Coincidentally it matched your dress. Though not so coincidentally, that was the official color that Adam chose for your mafia group.

He took your arm and led you outside. He opened the passenger door and let you get in. He got in the driver side and began driving toward the surprise destination. You tried asking what restaurant he was taking you to but he wouldn't say. Finally, you made it to the fanciest restaurant in town. He parked and opened your door for you.

You both walked in and Max gave them the name of the reservation. In a couple minutes, you both were taken to a nice table by the window. The waiter took your drink orders and left. You and Max struck up a conversation about the group and your opinions of everyone. Max said he thought Red had taken a liking to you but you shrugged it off. But maybe you wanted him to like you? Or did you like Max?

Soon the waiter came over with your drinks and took your food orders. Once he left again, you both kept talking about anything. 10 minutes passed, then 20 and you began feeling irritated. Not to mention hungry. You complained to Max and looked around the restaurant in an attempt to spot your waiter.

"Maybe they're just busy." Max suggested.

"It's been 20 minutes though.." You sighed.

After another 10 minutes, the waiter emerges and sets two plates on your table. He apologizes for taking so long when he was cut short. Your waiter fell to the ground and began shaking. You turned your head and saw Red holding a taser.

"What are you doing here?" You asked, glaring at him.

"Yeah, and why did you tase our waiter??" Max hissed.

After catching his breath, Red straightened and placed his hands on the table.

"He poisoned your food..." He replied. You sniffed your dinner and noticed a particular whiff poison. Red was right, it was poisoned.

"We should get out of here." Max nodded. You both stood up and noticed the entire restaurant was silent, everyone was watching you. You three looked toward the front door and saw two men standing in front.

"There's a door in the kitchen. Let's go." Red ushered. You all ran to the kitchen and ran passed a couple angry chefs. Red grabbed your hand and pulled you thought the kitchen toward a door. Someone punched you in the face, causing you to stumble back. You let go of Red's hand then twisted around to grab a steaming hot bowl of soup. Facing your attacker, you thrust the bowl at his face.

He screamed in pain, and fell back. Red grabbed your hand again and pulled you to the door. Soon, the cool night air hit your face and the door was closed. The three of you were in a dark alley. Red pulled you out onto the sidewalk and Max followed behind.

You were tense the whole ride home, unable to relax after what happened. Once home, you started cooking dinner for Max and Red. When you ate, you began to relax a bit more. You finally got food in your stomach and no one was trying to punch you.

After dinner, Max thanked you for cooking and apologized for what happened. But you assured him he didn't know, so it wasn't his fault. Tired from the day's activities, you went to bed and fell asleep..

                                                                 Until
                                                                         Next
                                                                                    Time...