Chapter Fourteen- I Love You

(A/N) I drew the picture at the top. I was bored and I wanted to draw MCD characters as mermaids.

Garroth's POV
I slowly opened my eyes as sunlight shone through the curtains of the girls' house.

I felt someone stir next to me and I looked at the sleeping angel that was laying down beside me.

We had all fallen asleep in the girls' living room last night and Aph and I were laying on the couch.

I smiled as I remembered the events of yesterday. Aphmau and I were officially dating. I could not be happier.

Aph stirred again and turned so she was facing me. I leaned over and gently kissed her forehead. I saw a smile form on her face while she was sleeping.

"I know you're not asleep, Aph." I whispered.

Her smile got bigger and her eyes opened.

"Hey, Garroth." She whispered, sleepily, and lay her head on my chest.

Her back was pressed against the wall of the couch and her arms were around my torso. I had one of my arms wrapped around her waist and the other one holding her hand, intertwining our fingers.

I looked at her as she nuzzled her head into my chest. I smiled.

"Come on. Let's go out on a walk so we don't wake everyone else up." I said. She sighed.

"But I don't want to get up." She whined. I chuckled.

I sat up, making her sit up too. I pushed the blanket off and stood up. I grabbed her hand and pulled her up with me.

"Hang on. Let me go get Celeste." She said.

"Okay, I'll wait here."

She smiled and ran upstairs to get her dog.

She came back down a few minutes later with Celeste on a leash.

She grabbed my hand and we went through the door and into the dark neighborhood.

"What time is it?" Aphmau asked.

"Maybe about 3:00 in the morning." I said.

"Why did we wake up so early?" She whined again.

"Maybe because we went to sleep at 9:45."

"That makes sense. Midnight 2 was so short."

"Yeah, thank Irene for that." I said and she giggled.

I got a bit closer to her and wrapped my arm around her waist. She leaned her head against my shoulder.

We walked in silence for a few more minutes. It was a comfortable silence, not awkward.

I suddenly spotted the park that wasn't too far from where our houses were and we went over to it.

We sat on a bench and Celeste jumped onto Aphmau's lap. She smiled and pet the little husky's head.

I put my arm around her and pulled her closer to me. She lay her head on my shoulder again and slowly shut her eyes, still petting Celestia.

"You tired?" I asked.

"No, just relaxed." She said, opening her eyes and looking at me.

I smiled and pressed my lips to hers. She kissed back with the same pressure. Once again I could feel sparks flying as I felt myself fall for her all over again.

We pulled away and leaned our foreheads against each other.

"I love you, Aphmau."

I didn't even realize what I'd said until after I said it. I felt my face heat up and I looked at the ground. I heard her giggle and she lightly kissed my cheek.

"I love you, too, Garroth."

I looked at her and smiled. I've been waiting for those words to leave her lips for so long that I almost thought I'd imagined it for a moment.

I gave her a quick kiss before pulling away.

"I've been waiting to hear you say that for so long." I said and she giggled.

"I know."

She leaned on me again. I grasped her hand in my free one and we stayed there for a while.

At around 5:00 we finally got up and walked back to her house.

We went in and let Celestia off the leash. She ran to the kitchen.

Everyone else was already up and Laurance was cooking. The others were all either on the couches or on the floor.

I held Aphmau's hand as we came over and sat on one of the couches.

"So, where'd you two lovebirds go?" Travis asked and making everyone laugh.

"Travis......" I sighed. Aphmau giggled.

"We just went on a walk and hung out at the park with Celestia." She said.

"What time did you two wake up?" Katelyn asked.

"Around 3." I said.

"Breakfast is ready!" Laurance called from the kitchen.

Everyone got up and sat around the dining table to eat.

"Thanks for making breakfast, Laurance." Aphmau said. Laurance smiled.

"No problem. It's my way of saying thank you for letting us stay over here. Plus, I like to rub it in Dante's face that I'm a better cook." He said. Everyone laughed.

"Oh, ha ha. I will pass you one day, Laurance, and when I do, you owe me twenty bucks." Dante said.

"We'll see about that."

We all just kept on talking and laughing for a while before the guys and I decided to leave.

I gave Aphmau a quick kiss at the door before leaving to go back home.

"I'm going to go pack for the trip." Dante said.

"It isn't for a week." Laurance said.

"I know. I just want to be prepared."

"Good idea. I'm going to the store today. I need a new bathing suit. You guys want to come?" Travis asked.

"Sure, I need a new suit too." Laurance said.

"Why not?" I said.

"Awesome. Dante, you coming?"

"Nah, my suit still fits so I'm fine. You three go have fun."

"Alright, let's go boys."

Travis lead the way out the door and Laurance and I followed.