Chapter 26- She'll NEVER Love You

Harry's p.o.v.

"So what do you want to know?" We sat by the campfire in the living room. "Well the thing is... do you approve of me?" I slowly glanced at her features.

She had jet black hair with small wrinkles at the corners of her eyes. Her shirt was neat and ironed along with her pants and her heels were nicely polished. This placed looked more of an office than a home, and she looked more like she was at work rather than her relaxing.

“Of course I do, Harry… Although you can probably get some new sneakers, yeah?” I looked down at my tattered converse. “But they’re my favorite.” I protested. “Then you can get a new pair but the same exact thing.”

“But new pairs of shoes are usually stiff. I don’t like stiff.” I urge on.

“Then at least patch up your pants.”

“I like air flowing through my legs.”

She looked as if she was sucking on a sour lemon.  “Then can you at least take that hairband out of your hair?” She looks uncomfortably on top of my head.

“That, I can do.” I quickly tore the hairband off and left the band around my wrist.

“Why do you approve of me?” I narrow my eyes. “Because I know that you love my daughter. And I know that she loves you.”

“That’s just bull.” I shake my head. “Emma doesn’t love me. At least not anymore.”

“That’s what you think. For the past… what? Three months? Emma has been asking me why boys are so confusing and wondering why you didn’t answer her texts or her calls.”

 I bit my lip. "Harry. I know why you're here. You want to know if Emma really loves you. And she does."

"Mrs. Hathaway. You can't be sure about that."

"I am sure. She may see you as Anna but she still loves Harry Styles. And thats you."

"But how do I make her see me as me again without her looking like she wants to bite her lip off?"

"Maybe you can stop avoiding her and be a little more social."

"But I'm not scoial."

"Well then y-"

The door slammed open. "Mum! I-"

My eyes widened at the voice. I knew it anywhere.

Emma’s p.o.v.

My eyes scanned the room. Mum bought a new vase. She bought a new couch in pearly white. Her lips were a new shade of red. Seems like every time I saw her, her lipstick color changed. And then I saw him. Him.

Not Anna,

Him.

My eyes blinked a few times. He looked different from the last time I saw him. Maybe because his hair was gelled into a quiff. Or maybe it was just time. Maybe time just caught up in my eyes and I finally saw what other people saw.

“Harry.” I nodded trying to cover up my surprised face. “Emma.” He nodded back. “Well I have to go now. Thank you for your time, Mrs. Hathaway.” I was still not use to his lean and tall form. That’s what I get. “I’ll go now.” He walks about the door and closes the door behind him. “Emma, you wanted to talk to me about something?”

“Never mind.” I shook my head. “My hotel is a bit far from here. Can I stay here tonight, mum?”

She smiles showing her small crinkles. “Of course, hunny.”