Chapter 34- Fantasy

Emma's p.o.v.

You know how some people say that you are the only person who knows yourself best? They are wrong. Because when you are in denial, people have better sense than you. 

I looked at my alarm clock. 3:23 AM. Shit.

I had been thinking many things. All of the thoughts revolved around Harry. 

I should've said yes. Because here my brain now is thinking 'How would the wedding look like?' or 'How many kids would we have?" or 'Would we have a pet?'

And all those questions were stopped by three words: You said 'no'.

This whole thing is so fucked up that a Taylor Swft song wouldn't even cover it. I went to the food buffet in my unicorn slippers and monkey pajamas. All the food was left out there for anyone to eat overnight. Basically, the whole place was empty. Cause who is the looser who goes to the food buffet at three AM? ME. 

Curse you (not Perry the Platypus) Luke Hemmings for being so... reasonable? Whatever.

I grabbed three slices of vegetarian pizza, a coke, and fries. Don't judge my eating habits. The only thing audible was probably the stupid classical music playing on the speakers. So classy.

 And then all those little fantasies cam rushing in like a whirlwind. You know that feeling, fangirls? Like when you imagine walking down the aisle to see your groom at the other end.... I may or may not have had one about Ashton a few years or year back. Don't judge. We're all fangirls here. 

'Hi, I'm Mrs. Styles.'

'Yes that is our family photo.'

'Yeah. Those are our twenty hot cars.'

'We have four kids.'

''This is our cat.'

'This is our dog.'

'These are our horses.'

Okay. Too much imagining. And then my thoughts went to what would our wedding have been like. It would probably be Harry introducing me to seven hundred people who I don't even know. And then my mind wandered onto Chris and Tom. They are probably the best married couple I have ever seen. Even though they constantly fight about the stupidest things like who takes out the trash.

And then my mind goes to Luke and Aliesha. Would that be me in a couple of years? Successful yet regretful? Because I'm probably going to be so busy in the next month that I'm going to have no time for regrets.

'No regrets, Just love.' Katy Perry's 'Teenage Dream' starts blasting in my heads over the classical music. But I wasn't a teenager, and I would probably do anything just to feel free again with my insane hair. Time. Time is your mortal enemy until you stop wishing that you can turn it back. Because it will not happen. Time will never turn back because it waits for no one. 

Time doesn't stop to save a woman from getting hit by a bus. Time doesn't stop a man accidentally falling off a cliff to his death. 

"You just don't want to be committed."

I was committed. I still am. 

"What are you doing here at four in the morning?" Harry comes out of nowhere and sits next to me. "I can ask you the same thing." I fought back. "Nice and sassy. I like it." He says in a sarcastic voice. "Hot and dangerous. I love it." I imitated back. "You think that I'm hot and dangerous?"

"Sarcasm."

A little bit of disappointment came over his eyes. "You remind me more of a bunny." I admitted. "Because you are quite athletic. But at the same time you're this innocent thing with chubby cheeks. They're little bubble cheeks." I pinched his cheeks like some old grandma.