Fever

The good thing about time is that, sometimes, it allows you to think things over. It allows you to construct a blueprint of how you want to do something or explain an event. Unfortunately, for me, my time was limited to a single afternoon, and it wasn't long before I was back in school. I had spent the whole morning, during breakfast with my father, thinking about whether or not I was going to tell my friends about my encounter with Alex. A part of me wanted to forget about it, but I also wanted to know whether it was a common thing for Alex to show up at someone's house and kiss them. In the end, curiosity won, and I found myself fidgeting to tell Taylor and Natalie. When I got to school, however, I decided to postpone telling them, as it was too early, and we wouldn't have time to talk about it. Instead, I had waited for lunch.

The whole morning until the bell for lunch rang, I had spent thinking about ways to tell them. I didn't want to be deceitful, so I thought about how to word my thoughts. Just when I had thought I had the perfect way to explain what happens, I saw them waiting for me at my locker, causing me to doubt my wording.

It was slowly starting to become a habit for us to meet at my locker so we could go to lunch together as a group. I was glad that we were slowly starting to form a routine, but just for today, I had wished we could have broken it, so I could have more time. Nevertheless, I walked up to them with a small smile plaster on my face. Taylor was the first one to acknowledge me, turning his body so he could face me with Natalie following his lead. Taylor was standing tall, while Natalie was leaning slightly against the locker next to mine. Running my fingers through my hair and tugging a strand of hair behind my ear, I gave them a small wave. As soon as I was close enough to them so I could hear them, Taylor spoke up.

"How was your class?"

Shrugging my shoulders, as I put my combination into my locker, I responded.

"I honestly couldn't tell you, I was completely zoned out."

"Why were you zone out?" Natalie asked, moving slightly to give me some space.

Placing my textbook into my locker and closing it again, I turned around so I can address both of them.

"Well, I want to tell you guys something, but I don't know how to say it."

"As long as you're not going to tell us you're moving again, I think you can tell us anything," Taylor commented.

Absentmindedly, I nodded my head, still hesitant to tell them. Thankfully for me, they allowed me to gather my thoughts before I just allowed the words to escape my mouth.

"Alex and I kissed."

The instant the words left my mouth, I felt my shoulders relax and just when I was about to lean against my locker, Natalie startled me with her outburst.

"You guys did what!"

Without giving it much thought, I found myself on top of Natalie, putting my hand over her mouth to silence her.

"Don't be so loud!" I responded.

Still looking at me with bewildered eyes, I felt Natalie lick my palm, causing me to immediately retract it from her mouth.

"Gross Natalie," I mumbled, wiping my palm against my jean.

"I'm sorry but did I hear you correctly? I mean I only know one Alex, but it couldn't have been that Alex, right Skylar?" Natalie asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

Sighing, I looked at Taylor and noticed that his mouth was slightly parted. Extending my hand, I placed one finger under Taylor's chin to close his mouth for him. Taylor instantly realized he had his mouth parted and closed it.