Chapter Eleven: Family Reunion

Link rested peacefully against Ghirahim. The hero had drifted off to a well deserved sleep a few hours ago, and Ghirahim idly combed his fingers through the sleeping boy's hair to pass the time. They should've already left Faron to continue scouting Lanayru, but the demon didn't want to disturb Link. And, in truthfulness, Ghirahim had some very important business to attend to before they left.

"I'll be right back, Skychild," Ghirahim whispered to the still sleeping hero.

He gently laid the boy down on the ground, careful not to wake him, before standing up. He cast one more glance at Link before walking away, heading to the Sealed Grounds.

---

Ghirahim ran a hand down the pedestal that stood proudly in the center of the Sealed Grounds. His fingers trace the engraved designs before he hesitantly pulled one of his gloves off. If you looked to closely at the demon's hands and wrists, you'd see small scars littered all over them from these frequent meetings. Ghirahim held his hand up to his mouth, and tore into his palm with his fangs. As he held up his hand, and licked the blood off of his lips, a crimson river flowed freely from his hand. Not wanting to faint from blood loss, Ghirahim hurriedly placed his hand on the top of the pedestal and watched his blood trickle into the engraving.

The demon stepped away as the stone began to glow a dark blue, and quickly healed his hand with magic. At once, a shadowy figure started to materialize beside the statue, and even the birds seemed to stop chirping. And as the figure fully materialized, the demon couldn't help but to grin.

"Hello Father," Ghirahim greeted. Demise sat tiredly on the grassy ground, in neither his battle or true form. Until his powers returned with the aid of Hylia's soul, he was just an olive skinned demon with wild red hair pulled up into a messy bun. A draping sash at his hips was the only thing that adorned him.

"You summon me too much Ghirahim," the demon king paused, "I enjoy your visits, but we've been over this. As the pedestal comes to recognize your blood, I'll only be able to be summoned for shorter amounts of time. Eventually, the stone will all together stop working for you."

Ghirahim immediately looked down abashed. "How often has Fi summoned you?" Demise rolled a shoulder before refusing his attention back to his son.

"Only twice. Once when I got sealed away, and then again right before your mother turned my daughter into a calculator." Demise paused, looking up at Ghirahim. "I don't believe she is fond of me. Fi only comes when she needs advice." After telling his father a small reassurance, Ghirahim sat down in front of the fallen entity. His fingers dug harshly into his legs as he thought about what he was going to say next.

"Well, I've actually come to visit you today because I need some insight on something-"

"Don't over exert yourself with explaining why you're here. I know. I've watched closely over your journey, and I thought it might come down to this," Demise interrupted. Ghirahim listened with a perplexed expression in his face.

"You don't have to complete your quest. There's no need for you to kill the boy." The villain's eyes widened as his mouth fell agape. "I already have a servant with me who's mother died when she was very young. Her fighting skills are above any warrior's and she'll do whatever I say without hesitation. I can send her out to replace you."

Ghirahim's eyes narrowed dangerously. "But she'd still be after Link, right? And since when have you had this servant? You've never mentioned her before." The demon king chuckled softly.

"When her mother died, I took her under my wing. She's been loyal to me ever since. I never mentioned her because she was only a back up plan, and I didn't want you worried. Ghirahim, I don't want you to be stressed out about this. She can carry out the mission, and you can still join me afterwards."