Guardian Angel (Jungkook)

"Bag?" He asked, following you down the hallway.

"Yes."

"Coat?" He asked, catching up to you.

"Yes."

"Phone?" He asked, as you were approaching the door.

"Yes."

"Keys?" He asked, this time, you spun around, coming so close to his face your noses almost brushed.

"Jungkook, I have everything I need. Stop worrying." You laughed, pressing a light kiss to his lips before turning round, pulling your bag further up your shoulder and opening the door, "Bye!" You called before you started to walk.

Today was the start of your new life. You had spent too long without a job, relying only on Jungkook to get by. Now, with a new job, new haircut, new everything, you were ready for a new you.

So, as you strutted down the street in high heels, knee length, white shorts and a dark blue, off-shoulder, flowy top, with a brown satchel over your shoulder, you smiled at the sun in the baby blue sky. It seemed unbelievably cheesy to be this happy walking to your first day at work, but even so, it was how you were today.

Jungkook was worried about you. He knew you'd never done anything on your own before. Properly at least. Sure, today was with the help of Jungkook, but really, this was all your doing. He didn't have anything to do with this job unlike your ex-boyfriend did with your old job.

Your parents always controlled you as a kid, then as soon as you moved out of their house, you moved straight in with your now ex. He was in the year above you in high school so when you left, he already had a job, and he recommended you for the job you then had. But that's when it all went downhill. You didn't have a life outside of him. He didn't allow you out of the house without him. He had to know where you were and what you were doing 24/7. He stopped your contact with all of your friends and you were left alone.

That's when you found Jungkook. You had run off one night, while your boyfriend was drunk and angry. Your heel had broken from running in them, the night was dark and stormy, and you were crying on the side of the road with no shoes on. Typical. Jungkook just so happened to stumble out of his office at the right time to see you, completely broken.

"Excuse me miss. Are you okay?" He asked, abandoning his colleagues to help you out.

"I'm fine." You attempted to brush him away, covering your face with the hand that wasn't carrying your broken heels to hide your makeup smeared eyes.

"You don't look fine." He commented, side walking to keep up with your increasing pace.

"I am." You argued, doing everything you could not to look at him. If Seungmin knew you were talking to another guy you'd never be allowed out of the house. Ever.

"At least let me help you." He begged, keeping close to your side, making you panic that Seungmin was somehow watching and was going to beat the guy to death. Without even looking at him, you knew he was too innocent to be caught up in this, and that he wasn't strong enough to beat Seungmin.

"I'm fine!" You started to yell, but instead of baking away like you hoped, he jumped in front of you and took both of your wrists into his hands. Forcing you to look at him. You were blown away by his beauty.

"Please." His pleading eyes stared into your soul, and you felt implied to say yes. And before your conscience could kick in, you nodded and he took your shoes from your hand and started walking with you.

Still sobbing, you trailed behind him as you walked aimlessly through the streets of Seoul. After you told him you just wanted to walk around for a bit, he somehow managed to get you to tell him everything and you were soon sat on a bench sobbing and telling him everything. He listened the whole time, not interrupting once and giving the right reactions in the right places.