Ch. 8

Nova....

"So we just gone sit on the side of the road and not talk about it? I told you cause you asked, i mean, i won' gone lie to you...if i fuck with you like that, i ain't gone lie to you ma...I'm saying man, say something."

"Why do you do it, Nova?"

"At first i did it... I really cant explain it in a way you'll understand."

"Let me tell you i don't understand before make that assumption."

"Okay...but can i drive and talk?"

"Fine."

"Iight so i was 19 when i started doing it...i was homeless. I met a girl when i was on the street and she came to me with this business proposition...she told me if i protected her while she was out with clients she would give me half the money she made... I agreed to it, after a few months i was back on my feet, i got an apartment and she brought me two more girls....these girls was already out there doing what they do...they just gave me half for protecting them.

It just grew into something bigger...i added slanging dope to it then after a while i had enough money to buy into some legit money...that's where the club come in at."

"You sleep with em?"

"Hell no...it won' never nothing like that."

"Do you hit em?"

"I ain't gone answer that question...just know i ain't out here being -"

"Its clear you're doing good for yourself now. Why don't you stop?"

"I ain't never had a reason to stop."

"So is that the reason you did a drive by on the corner the other night?"

"Yeah..i been trying to cut back on all this shit... I had another nigga that was suppose to be watching the block and shit been happening...i heard some stuff so i wanted to do a lil check up."

"I don't like this at all.."

"So i guess that mean you want me out your house and don't wanna have shit to do with me no more?"

"You gotta stop."

"Straight like that huh?"

"Yes straight like that."

"If i stop will you be my girl?"

Yep... I hit her with the flex...and I'm dead ass serious.

"Be your girl? But we just talked about this, you said you had things to work on...and i have major issues to fix myself."

"Why we cant fix it together?"

"Ion know about this."

I hit a Uey in the middle of the street heading back to her house.

"What you doing?"

"We needa have a serious talk...I'm going back to the house."

She sat in her seat quiet as i drove back to the crib...i was dead ass serious about this...I'm ready to make some changes in my life...I'm ready to be free and I'm ready to be happy...