Ch. 40

Wedding..

"Ma?"

"In the bathroom!"

"I was just making sure you was dressed, somebody's here to see you."

"Who is it?"

"Hold on I'll be right back."

Nova said walking out of the bathroom...I took the last roller out of my head and hurried into the bedroom, I was curious to see who's here...

Everybody supposed to be getting ready for the wedding and no one was supposed to arrive here for another two hours.

The bedroom door opened and in walks Nova holding my niece Aliza's hand..I couldn't help but to get emotional..I haven't seen her since before Quanny died..

Twin was her legal guardian now and he took her back to Nola to live with him.. I talked to her all the time but seeing her little face melted my heart.

"Auntie Keyah!!"

She yelled once she saw me then ran over to me..I grabbed her up into a big hug squeezing her tightly.

"Aww baby y'all made it..I'm so happy to see you."

I said pinching her little cheeks..once we had finished hugging I put her on the bed then sat down beside her just taking in her presence.

"Imma let y'all talk..her dress and stuff in the guest room..me and twin bout to roll out."

Nova said.

"Okay baby I'll see you there."

"Iight..I luh you."

"I love you too."

He left out the room closing the door behind him.

"I missed you so much lil girl..how have you been?"

"Good. I missed you too auntie."

"Have you been, you being good for twin?"

"Yeah.. I got all good grades on my report card and daddy got me a iPad."

She said referring to twin as her daddy..I thought that was so cute..he takes amazing care of this lil girl and he treats her like a princess.. He got them a house in a good neighborhood with a pool
and a backyard for her to play. He has her in a private school he even got out the game for good and opened up a barbershop..

Me and Nova both was proud of the man he stepped up to be for her.

"Oh wow..well that's good..I guess I'll have to get you something too, huh?"

"Noooo."

She giggled.

"You don't have to, I know you proud of me."

"I really am proud of you.. Are you ready for my wedding?"

"Umhum.. I can't wait."

Me and her talked some more for a little while then the other girls arrived and it was time to start getting ready for the wedding.
________

Nova...

"You ready bruh?"

"Lol nigga why you asking me that like we ain't married already...lol yeah I'm ready."