Ch. 9

Keyah...

"I'm sorry again ma.. I ain't mean for it to happen... I didn't feel right when we walked out door and I shoulda said something then...I'll never purposely put you in any danger,you know that don't you?"

"I do know it,stop apologizing,you had no control over that...just thank god neither of us got hurt."

"I am thankful...and I'll have your windshield replaced tomorrow out my own pocket."

"I have insurance,I'm not worried about that...but who's after you and why are they after you?"

"Ion know ma...that's the thing I can't figure out...I ain't did nothing to nobody.... I ain't got no enemies,that I know of...the last few days I have been feeling uneasy tho...like somebody been watching me."

"Do I need to move...they know where you be at now,what if they come back? What if next time they're successful and they end up killing one of us or both?"

"I know you love this house ma...but we can't stay here...at least not until I find out who's after me and deal with it."

"But I signed a two year lease...I just can't up and leave...I paid my rent up for two months and I'm only three days into my lease."

"You ain't gotta give it up..you can keep it...we just gotta stay elsewhere until I handle this."

"Where am I gonna go? I don't have a lot of money left."

"I got a patna that owns a nice hotel downtown... WE can stay there til this over...the penthouse suite is super nice...its just like an apartment."

"This is crazy...in a matter of days my life has been flipped upside down."

"I know ma, and I'm sorry for that...just don't give up on me, I'm not a bad person for real...I ain't out here making enemies on purpose...I have no clue why somebody would do this...but I promise imma take care of it."

"I trust you...I'm just so scared."

"I know you are...but trust me I ain't gone let nothing happen to you...go pack a couple bags while I make a few calls,okay?"

"Can you come up when you're done?"

"Yeah baybeh I'll be up there...gimmie a kiss."

I got up off the sofa to go upstairs.

"Aye..."

"Yeah?"

"We gone be iight... you believe me don't you?"

"Yeah I do."

I said trying my best to hold back my tears....I continued up the stairs,thinking about tonights events... This is something so different from what I'm use to...I mean he's a pimp a dope dealer and ain't no telling what kind of enemies he's made without even realizing it...

I was scared honestly.. I'm still scared, I've heard gunshots plenty of times but never had I ever been the target... This gone take some getting use to..
_________

Nova...

"Wazzam bruh?"

"Shit.. Why you calling so late? You good?"