Ch. 33

*3 weeks later*

Nova...

"You ready to go ma?"

"Yeah, just let me finish packing this food up."

"You taking her food too?"

"Lol yeah. Is that not okay?"

"I'm just saying ma..you doing an awful lot for a person that had a knife to yo head."

"Nova she's sick in the head and she don't have nobody else, it's the right thing to do."

"I guess.. I just don't want her to get too dependent on you being around..."

"It's just until she gets out of the hospital and is able to go back home..come on Nova, we talked about this.. Her mama is all she has and she's sick herself and unable to come all the way here."

"I get it.. I'm sorry."

"It's okay, I get that you're trying to protect me, and I appreciate it.."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

"You don't feel obligated to do this stuff for her because of..."

"No it's not about Quanny...my sisters in a better place and she's not suffering anymore. I'm okay with her being gone...I mean, I don't know.... I just feel a need to be there for Sia...kinda like me, she don't have many people in her corner...I was just like her once upon a time."

"Imma go get Shophie and we'll meet you at the car."

"Okay."

As you can see Nova and I have been bumping heads a lot lately about this Sia situation.. I really do understand where he's coming from but the type of person I am, I really feel a need to be there for this girl...maybe in a way I'm making her depend upon me because Quanny is gone... I've always had to look out for her and her health a long with helping to take care of Lizzy.

I don't have that no more...She gave custody over Lizzy to twin before she died and she had him before she died... She didn't need me... Its like my blood line is diminishing right before my eyes, only blood I got left is Sophie and Lizzy so maybe in a way Nova's right.

People always told me I was too nice and that it'll come back and bite me one day..

Maybe after today I'll pull back a little and just focus on me and my family...I definitely don't want this to cause problems between me and him.

I grabbed the bag that I packed food for her in and my phone then went out the door making sure I locked it behind me.

Nova and Sophie were already in the car buckled in and ready to go.

We drove a little while in total silence...that was until he began to talk.

"Aye ma.. I don't mean to come off like ion care about yo feelings in this...I just honestly feel like you too invested and you gone end up getting hurt behind trying to be there for this girl ma...this ain't yo job ma, you did yo part by getting her help instead of pressing charges..."

"I know and I hear you...I've been thinking about it...and after today I'm backing off completely.. I didn't wanna admit that you was right about the whole Quanny thing..