Ch. 11

Keyah...

"Can I help you, baby?"

"Yes ma'am I would like to file a missing persons report please."

"Okay...who's missing?"

"My older sister Quandra Franklin and my niece Aliza Franklin."

"How long have they been missing?"

"Six days now?"

"What leads you to believe that they're missing?"

"We talk everyday and I haven't heard from either in six days..um they live with my mother and her home is now empty but Quandra didn't take any of her prescriptions from the house,she has Lupus and she wouldn't go anywhere without her meds.. Her doctor called me yesterday looking for her because she's missed two appointments... Also her phone...well the numbers been changed and she wouldn't do that without telling me or giving me the new number."

"Let me get a detective for you, have a seat in the waiting area and somebody will be with you shortly."

"Thank you."

I went back over to the waiting area where Nova was sitting...he and I had been here in Charlotte for two days now and I haven't heard or seen any sign of my sister and niece... We looked everywhere I could think to look and I've talked to everyone I could think of to talk to and I got nothing... I was worried before but now I'm scared...my sister wouldn't just leave without telling me and she definitely wouldn't go days without talking to me.

"What they say ma?"

Nova asked pulling me over to his chest.

"She's getting a detective to come talk to me."

"Its gone be alright, don't worry yourself, okay?"

"I'm trying."

We both looked up when we heard the double doors across from us open.

"I'm detective Donaldson... Are you the person wanting to file a missing persons report?"

"Yeah that's me, my name is Keyah Mitchell."

"Nice meeting you,you can follow me back this way to my office."

"Is it okay if he comes back with me?"

"Sure."

He held the doors while Nova and I walked through them...then he led us to a office where another plain clothed detective was sitting at a desk.

"This is my partner detective Robins...have a seat and tell me a little bit about what's going on."

I went through the whole story again this time in detail..

"Has your sister had any problems with anyone, that you know of?"

"Nothing new, she's had a few run ins with her child's father...she keeps my niece away from him because of some things he did."

"Who's her child's father?"

" Malik Parker."

He and the other detective shared a look once I said his name.