Ch. 23

*August 11th.. day 1*

Nova...

"You glad to be back home ma?"

"I am..seems like we've been gone for months."

"I know right, ain't nun like home."

"Yea...it's time to hop back in to the swing of things."

"Oh yeah? What all you got planned?"

"Well I gotta get my last name changed...enroll for fall semester, find a job."

"Here, you got some mail.. What you mean get a job? I told you I got you."

"Oh this my refund check for the apartment and my stuff I lost in the fire.....but anyways..I know you got me but I still wanna contribute to the house."

"Come here."

I said patting the spot beside me on the bed...she sat down by me waiting to see what I had to say.

"What's up?"

"Tell me what you worried about?"

".... Baby you've spent a lot of money over the past month in a half...I just don't want us to get into a situation where we down bad and can't afford to take care of ourselves...I've been working since I was 18 and...I just wanna help."

"Help me by going to school and getting a business degree...when you finish with that we can go into business together."

"Oh yeah? What kind of business?"

"A chain of strip clubs."

"I like the sound of that...but we still need money to get that going."

I pulled out my phone scrolling on it til I found what I was looking for,I typed my password in then gave it to her

"What's this?"

"Lol what it look like?"

"I know what it is but this ain't the same one you showed me before, the other one was a different bank."

"I know. Let me see it."

She gave me my phone back then I exited out of that then scrolled some more then typed my password.

"Here."

I said giving it back.

"Okay I'm confused...there wasn't this much in there before...what did you do, pay for everything with the black card?"

"Nope...let me see it."

She gave it back to me again then I scrolled some more then typed the password in and gave it back to her.

"Okay Nova what's up? I mean I know you part owner of Magic and you had all that side stuff...but you don't do that no more and Magic couldn't possibly be pulling that much money in to split this much. Whats up? Where's all this money coming from?"

"You want the long answer or the short one?"

"I want the clear truth baby long or short."

"Iight so I did give up the "pimping" thing like you ask me to but...I didn't completely let go of the dope thing.

Now before you get upset, hear me out... Ion touch shit but the money...I'm so far up at the top that I ain't got to touch nothing nor do nothing... Ma I'm sorry but I would be a fool to let that go... Half a million dollars a week ma....Nah, I cant let it go just yet.."