Ch. 10

Nova...

"Nova this is way too big."

"Lol that's what she said."

"Get punched."

"No..don't do that, you hit too hard."

"Well get right then."

"Okay...but seriously tho,do you like it ma? Forget about the price, forget about how big it is...do you love it?"

"I do but..."

"No buts."

"Okay Nova,I love it!"

"So we getting it."

"I don't know."

"What you worried about?"

"You being the only one coming out the pocket.. I'm not contributing nothing at all...I know I said I was gone stop dancing and let you handle it all but baby this is a lot."

"Don't you remember me saying I was more than willing and capable of doing this? Don't you remember seeing my bank account?"

"I remember Nova."

"Okay then...let me do this for US, you deserve nothing but the best...this neighborhood is safe...its quiet out here... I'll sleep better at night knowing we in a safe place and that you are happy in it."

"And what about your happiness? Its just as important as mine."

"Making you happy makes me happy..that's all I want, listen baybeh I know its only been a few days but I really care about you, hell I even think I'm falling in love with you."

"I care about you a lot too and I feel the same way...

Okay...let's do it."

"Yeah? We getting it?"

"Yes Nova go ahead....let's get it."

"You know,I ain't never thought about doing none of this stuff before...but now you got me wanting to buy houses, get married and have babies....spend the rest of my life sipping lemonade on the back porch in my rocking chair."

"Boy hush we barely in our 20's and you talking like old folks...come on let's go find this lady so we can go handle the rest of our business before this meeting with your brothers tonight."

"Yes ma'am."
______________

* Later that night *

"Wazzam bruh? What the ladies doing here?"

I asked as we walked inside my brother Mark's basement.... He hit me up earlier this morning saying he had some news about who shot at us the other night....we got here and the ladies are here too,so this must be deep.

"They just here for support...y'all come on...I got something to show y'all."

We followed him over to the bar where everybody else was sitting.

"So i asked around to see who took them shots at y'all..and like we already knew,you ain't have no problems with nobody around here...we've done a good job of staying clear of the street drama..