Ch. 35

*Friday*

Nova...

"The car here ma, you ready?"

"Did the baby sitter get here yet?"

"Yeah she here.. She putting the baybeh to sleep."

"Well let me kiss my baby then we can be out."

"You look good ma."

"Thank you..so do you...I think I like that hair style the best."

"Lol thank you bae...I think I like it too."

While she went to kiss the baybeh good night I went downstairs to check on Sheryl.

I knocked on her door and waited for her to answer..

"Hey."

She said once she opened the door...she was looking down at the floor which is something she been doing since we found her at KOD the other night.. She ain't been able to look me in my face since.

"Hey..umm I just came to tell you we was leaving, you sure you don't wanna go?"

"I'm positive... I just wanna lay low..tell Key I said congratulations again."

"Iight..I'll do that...the babysitter upstairs with the baybeh and it's food in the fridge of you get hungry...we should be back around 12 or 1."

"Be safe."

I walked off going back upstairs.. I hate to see sis down bad like this and I wish like hell she would talk to us and tell us what she going through.. We brought her home with us that night and all she been doing is staying in her room not talking to us. We gone wait her out tho for as long as it takes.

"Hey..I was wondering where you went you ready?"

"I'm ready.. I went downstairs to tell her we was leaving."

We walked out the house locking it up.. It was going 1030 we was thirty minutes behind now..

We got in the car that was waiting for us and headed over to the store.

"She still ain't giving no conversation huh?"

Keyah said..

"Nope..and eye contact either."

"I think she's just embarrassed that we of all people saw her like that.. I think that you should talk to her tomorrow when we get up ... We can't wait on her to open up, we gotta get to the bottom of this..,

"You might be right...Imma holla at her some time tomorrow."

We drove the short drive the rest of the way quiet.. We pulled up and was let out at the front entrance where there were photographers taking pictures as people made their way down the red carpet..

"You ready?"

I whispered in her ear.

"She looked up at me and smiled while nodding her head...we held hands walking down the carpet and stopping here and there to pose for pictures..

Once we were inside..I had to say the event planner pulled it off..it looked dope...it was packed inside, full of all our friends and associates from the industry and our family was here to support.