Traitors of the Republic

Ahsoka's POV

"I don't understand why Anakin is having these visions." Obi Wan admitted when we got off Organa's emergency ship.

"Read the bookmarked sections of his diary. They'll give you an idea of what's going on inside his head." I handed Obi Wan the diary before I headed to the temple. Clay was approaching me.

"Hey, um, Ahsoka, I heard you got in an animal fight, are you okay?" He asked.

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine." I answered. "What's up?"

"Dean's got some bit of info he wants to share. Come on."

---

"I-I-I saw...a knocked out Twi'lek girl with red skin...and red Mandalorians on Palpatine's ship." Dean stuttered. He looked slightly ghastly.

"Yeah, and did you find the audio chips?" Clay questioned.

"N-No."

"Last time I checked, the red Mandos had the audio chips." I chimed in.

"So w-what? Who needs some s-silly audio c-chips?" Dean countered.

"These audio chips might hold Palpatine's secrets. If we can view them, we might be able to uncover more of Palpatine's secret plans. So that's why we need them."

"We might be able to dish out some traitors too, cuz I believe Palpatine's influence is spreading." A voice behind me suggested.

"Master Windu! How are you feeling?" Clay asked.

"I'm feeling quite well. Thank you for asking." Windu then noticed me. "Ahsoka Tano...I never thought I'd see you again on these grounds."

"Hello, Master Windu. Are you okay?" I smiled.

"I'm totally fine. I deeply apologize for accusing you of bombing the Jedi Temple. That was very impulsive and wrong on my part."

"Apology accepted. So, how are we going to dish out the traitors?

"Simple. We ask people questions regarding their loyalties."

"Um...okay."

---

"Athena McCalsey, are you currently in alliance with Chancellor Palpatine?" Windu questioned a young Twi'lek girl.

"No, I am not."

"Are you sure? Because in your record, it says that a few weeks ago, you shot a few younglings, believing that they were bewitched with the Jedi values."

"What?! Why would I shoot kids? I don't even own a gun!" Athena cried as clone troopers dragged her away.

TWENTY TWO MINUTES LATER

"Persephone Pajan, are you currently in alliance with Chancellor Palpatine?" Windu asked a woman in her 30s.

"Why would I ally myself with such a monster?!"

"Well...your record says that you were responsible for burning a Twi'lek village on Ryloth during the Battle of Ryloth."

"Rubbish! That's pure rubbish! If only you would listen to me for a few minutes!" Persephone begged as she was dragged off by clone troopers.

"And...that's the end of the list." Mace Windu glanced at a holographic list of names.

"Master Windu, are you sure this is a good idea?" I asked. I thought that Windu would be able to weed out Palpatine's supporters with his method, but something tells me that the people he just sent off were innocent. I should've known this wasn't gonna work. When I was put on trial for bombing the Jedi Temple the previous year, he just...expelled me. Of course, Anakin had found the real culprit, my friend, Barriss Offee, and I was cleared of all charges. They offered me back into the Order, but only Plo Koon actually apologized. Windu, however, wouldn't admit to his own mistake and merely stated that the Force works in mysterious ways and that my fight to prove my innocence served as my Jedi Trials. Classic Windu.

"I will do what I must to protect the Republic, to protect liberty, and this is the only way we'll be able to dish out the traitors." Windu answered. I totally see where he's coming from, but there's always another way.

"I'm with Ahsoka, Master Windu. I don't think this is fair. Find one crime on their records and send them off. Yeah, that's totally convenient." Anakin contradicted.

"Yeah, I don't like the way these questionings are going. It's inconvenience beyond inconvenience." I followed up.

"But you were on board with the idea when I told you about it." Windu said.

"Yeah, but that was before I witnessed how you handled it!" I countered.

"...I'll be right back." Windu said before he disappeared in a flash.

---

Author's Note: Wow, that was harsh of Windu to send people off after finding a crime listed on their records. They've gotta find another way to dish out traitors. Problem is, they could be anywhere.