Pursuit

Ahsoka's POV

"We're gonna die!"

"This is the end!"

"Goodbye, Petro! I'll always remember you as the first friend I've ever made!"

The cries of the younglings and Padawans were all I could hear. I felt like crying myself. My heart was beating as fast as it could, and my stomach could puke out of my butt at any moment. Still, I kept my guard up as Mia and I tried to look for a place to hide these kids.

"Where do we hide them?" Mia asked.

"I do know the Jedi Temple has some secret rooms in the basement. We can always hide them there if we can't exit in time." I replied. "Now, I just need to figure out where that is." I heard footsteps.

"They're coming. I can sense it." Mia said as she observed her surroundings.

"This way!" I led the kids down an empty path which led us to a big rusty door.

"Is that it?" Mia asked.

"Yep." I said as I held my hand against the door. It opened automatically. In the Jedi Temple, there were secret rooms that were used for hiding people in case of an attack, like this one. To open it, one had to press their hand against the door. If it recognized your handprint, it automatically opened. Mia and I led the kids inside the room.

"Hey, isn't this one of the secret rooms in the bowels of the Temple?" Petro asked.

"Yes. Now, listen to me, guys. Whatever you do, don't open this door for anyone. And don't make a sound." I instructed before I closed the door.

"What if someone tried to shoot their way in?" Mia asked as we ran through the Temple.

"These doors are basically bulletproof. You can't go wrong with rusty door covers. People'll think something like a swamp is behind that door." I giggled as we made our way into the heart of the Jedi Temple. Clone troopers were shooting at Jedi who were defending themselves with just their lightsaber. We zigzagged past dead bodies, fearful Jedi, red Mandos, and clone troopers as we desperately tried to find an exit.

"Hey! It's those Jedi scum! Get them!" One Mando shouted.

"Oh no!" I cried as Mia and I dodged blaster fire aimed at us.

"Where are you going?" Mia shouted.

"I'm gonna go help Plo Koon!"

"But there are Mandos chasing us!" Mia and I hid behind a wall and waited for the Mandos to disappear.

"Okay, now to go find Plo Koon..." I said as a bunch of red Mandos came running our way.

"Hold it right there!" The leader shouted.

"I don't think so!" Mia snarled as she ignited her blue lightsabers and stabbed each Mando in the chest.

"Nice shot, Mia! I was starting to think you don't even use your lightsabers." I commented.

"There's nothing better than having a blaster by your side, though." Mia grinned. We continued to run past unsuspecting clones until we found ourselves surrounded by Mandos yet again.

"Running away? The party has just begun." One Mando sneered as they began to close in on us. They were barely an inch away from us when Plo Koon yelled, "Fire!" Clone troopers fired at the Mandos, who immediately fled.

"Cowards." Mia spat out.

"Thanks, Plo!" I cheerfully thanked.

"Execute Order 66." Palpatine's voice cracked.