Here I Am

Anakin's POV

ONE MONTH LATER

"You all set?" Organa asked as he walked into my now empty apartment. Over the past month, Padme and I have been preparing to move into a sweet little home on her home planet of Naboo. When I went there as a child, I was mesmerized by all the green in the galaxy.

"Yeah." I said as I examined the apartment, making sure I didn't forget anything.

"Alright, then. Padme and the kids are waiting for you." Organa then gestured for me to exit.

---

"Anakin, I heard you were leaving." Lux said the minute we stepped outside. He was accompanied by Rex and Mia.

"Why, yes, I am." I answered.

"Are you gonna be okay?" Rex asked.

"Yeah. With Padme and the kids, I'll be back on my feet in no time."

"You're gonna be a great father, Anakin. I just know it." Mia smiled. I hugged each of them before moving on.

Halfway on our walk to the ship hangar, I saw Ahsoka approaching us out of the corner of my eye.

"Skyguy!" She cried.

"Snips!" I called out. Ahsoka wrapped her arms around my waist.

"Good luck at parenting. You're gonna need it."

"And good luck at being a Jedi Knight. May the Force be with you." I hugged Ahsoka back and headed to Bail Organa's ship. As I was about to board the ship, I heard Obi Wan clear his throat.

"Oh, hey, Obi Wan." I greeted.

"Hi, Anakin. I cannot tell you how much I'm proud of you." He began.

"Proud of me? For what?"

"For sticking up to the enemy when the galaxy was in its darkest hours. It takes a great deal of courage to do that, let alone going against Palpatine in order to stand up for what's right. And because of what you've done, you've become a symbol of hope for civilians everywhere. Even before that, when you came back to Coruscant after 2 months of hiding, people were willing to fight by your side, even if it meant losing their lives in battle. Sure, you didn't follow the Jedi Code word for word, not to mention your marriage to Padme, but that doesn't matter. What you do in the face of despair defines who you are." Obi Wan said.

"I'm honored, Obi Wan, but honestly...I've had enough trouble for a lifetime. Someone's gotta look after these kids." I replied. Obi Wan put a hand on my shoulder.

"That's understandable. And no matter what, Anakin, the ones you love will always reside here." Obi Wan put a finger on my chest.

"Are you all set?" Organa asked as he was starting the ship.

"Yeah." I said as I turned around and walked inside.

"Anakin?"

"Yes?"

"May the Force be with you." Obi Wan had tears in his eyes. I turned around and looked at his face for a moment. This was Obi Wan Kenobi, the closest thing I've ever had to a father. Like any other father-son relationship, we've had our ups and downs. And I was most certainly difficult as a teenager. But he was there for all of it. Just thinking about this made my eyes all damp. My vision became blurred and I ran over to him. I held him in an embrace I would always remember as I cried tears of mixed emotions. Sadness because I'm leaving and joy because I'm starting a new phase of my life. I began to reflect on what he had taught me over the years. Obi Wan had taught me many things, perseverance and standing up for what's right among them. It seemed like yesterday, I had just met him. And now, here I am, leaving my Jedi life behind to officially begin my time as a father for Luke and Leia.