Ahsoka's Hopes and Dreams

Obi Wan's POV

"I-Is it really...you?" Ahsoka managed to ask, her whole body shaking. The figure bowed.

"Barriss Offee, in the flesh." The figure confirmed. It had to be Barriss, out of all people.

"What---? But you---bombed the temple---framed Ahsoka---betrayed us all!" Anakin stuttered.

"I know. After the bombing incident, I swore to myself that I would never, ever set foot near the Jedi Temple ever again, believing the Jedi were ruthless warriors who only cared about violence. That was the reason I bombed the Jedi Temple." Barriss started.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. We know that part of the story, but we wanna know why you came back."

"I came back because of Ahsoka."

"You came back because of me? But I left a year ago." Ahsoka clarified.

"Let's go inside, it's getting chilly." I said.

---

"I'm not sure if we should trust Barriss after all that she's done." Anakin said while we were strolling around the Temple. Barriss had gone out to dinner, so that bought us some time to debate whether she should be trusted or not.

"Well, we don't know. Sure, she bombed the Temple a year ago and framed Ahsoka. Maybe she changed." I shrugged.

"Wasn't she corrupted?"

"Yeah. What do you think, Ahsoka?" I turned to Ahsoka, who had been silent the whole time.

"...There's still good in her. I can sense it." She said with a bit of mystery in her voice.

"Good in her? She blamed you for bombing the Temple and you think there's still good in her?!" Anakin argued.

"Yes. As a matter of fact, I refused to believe that she had done it. But after a while, I began to accept that Barriss Offee, my friend, had gone. Been corrupted by the dark side of the Force. But sometime ago, before the incident in the Chancellor's office, I had a chat with a friend of mine, who told me that people who become corrupted by the dark side usually have good intentions. In Barriss' case, it wasn't. But I've always wondered why she framed me out of all people."

"I see what you're saying. But can I ask you something?" Obi Wan asked.

"Yes."

"Why did you come back?"

"I came back because I was worried about Anakin."

"What else?" Anakin questioned.

"When I heard about the incident in the Chancellor's office, I got worried and came here. Partly because I was concerned for Anakin's safety, and partly because I believed that the Jedi would learn from their mistakes through this battle against the Sith. Through the battle, I hoped that the Jedi would reemerge as a stronger and better Order than before." Ahsoka said.

"And?"

"I thought it would be right if I gave the Order a second chance. I mean, everyone makes mistakes, right?"

"Yeah, nobody's perfect." I added.

"And I believe everyone has a right to redemption." Ahsoka concluded as Barriss appeared.

"Ahsoka, can I talk to you alone?" She asked.

"Yeah, sure. I'll be back." Ahsoka said before Barriss led her away as Yoda appeared.

"Hello, Master Yoda." I greeted.

"Greetings, Generals Kenobi and Skywalker. Something to tell you, I have." Yoda began.

"What is it?"

"Made contact with your old master, I have." Yoda informed. Anakin and I gasped.

"Qui Gon Jinn? But how?" Anakin asked.

"With me, you come." Yoda instructed as he led us into his private quarters.

---

Author's Note: So Yoda has made contact with the spirit of Qui Gon Jinn. What will Qui Gon tell the trio?