Chapter 2- "Shes An Artist, So She Sees Everything In The Best Detail"

Music fills my ears as I walk in, the smell of my moms cooking. Warm. Home. I hear my sister running down the stairs, her little feet tapping the ground.

"Mommy!!" She yells. "I said I wanted macaroni!" Penny's tiny voice whines.

"Yes you said that." My mom puts the pot down. "But I already went shopping for this." Penny pouts showing her bottom lip and crosses her arms. My mom rolls her eyes. "How about you start putting the strawberries together for dessert." She winks at Penny.

"Okay!" She yells excited and runs to the counter. I laugh. My mom glares at me with one of those mom glares then laughs as well.

I walk into the kitchen to help with dinner. "How was school Quinn?" My mom asks cutting the veggies.

"Good, same as last year." I start cutting the bread into slices for the tomatoes. "Just new teachers really."

She looks at me and raises an eyebrow. "No new cute boys?" She asks playfully pushing me to the side. A smile hits my face when I think about what happened at Starbucks.

"Nope." I say finally. "I'm going upstairs to start homework." I start grabbing my stuff. "Call me down when dinner is ready!" I yell running up the stairs trying to avoid awkward conversation.

Once I get to my room I instantly  jump onto my bed, my blue comforter sinking as I hit it. My room lighting up as the sun was uncovered by clouds. I sigh. I pull out my sketch pad and start to doodle.

I awake to honking outside my house. I groan and cover my face with a pillow. It doesn't stop. I sigh and get out of my warm bed. I stick my head out my window. "Just come in Liam." I groan and say. I make my way down stairs my feet hitting the cold ground, I unlock the door for him and head into the kitchen. My mom had to get to work early so she made me wake myself up.

"Quinn." He says closing the door. "We are late."

"Whatever." I say taking a piece of watermelon my mom cut up. "I'll head up stairs to get ready." I say annoyed and start getting up to head up stairs. "Help yourself to any food."

I get upstairs and throw on an easy black tank top with a flannel sweater, some ripped up jeans from American Eagle. I brush my hair but end up throwing it up into a messy bun because it was to messy to bother. I threw on my vans and walked down the stairs. "I see you helped your self" I say as I see Liam eating an apple leaning against the cold black counter top.

"You offered." He reply's. I roll my eyes. I wave to the door signaling lets go.

We get to school around second period. I head to my locker, walking down the hallway quietly, happy I missed all of the morning craziness.

"Hello Quaker." I sigh once I hear her voice as i'm putting my books away. I close my locker and I slowly turn around.

"Yes bitch?" I say crossing my arms and leaning against my run down navy blue locker.

"Awe, I just wanted to say hello, since your clearly late." She eyes me up and down. "Also to make sure you weren't near my boyfriend." I felt a stab of pain. Boyfriend? Who? She can't mean. She smirks. "Yes sweetie me and your little crush are dating." I roll my eyes. "Anyways, he hasn't been to school today. So i'm just making sure."

"Probably hiding from you." I mumble. She quickly turns around.

"What did you say?" My eyes widen.

"Nothing. " I turn around and start to head down to class, when I trip. I don't trip on my feet, no I'm tripped by someone.I hit the ground with a loud bang. I hear Callie's laugh behind me. I try to push myself up but instantly fall back down with a push by Callie's hand. She laughs.