Chapter 17- "I'm Sorry."

""Your in love with him," she remarks. Her voice is soft. "I can tell by the way you look at him."
"Oh?" I say. "And how exactly do I do that?"
She points at the bonfire in front of us.
"The way the moon looks at the sun," she explains. "Like for the first time in your life you feel warm.""
-S.Zhao

"So about that date?" He asks raising his eyebrow once Callie left. I laugh at him. Thinking he's joking. He gives me a concerned look.

"Wait. Your not joking are you?"

"Why would I ever joke about a date. I'll have you know I take dates very seriously." I roll my eyes. Don't believe him Quinn. Don't fall for it. This is him trying to swoon you.

But ever since last night I've non stop been thinking about Hunter kissing me. I think I wanted him too. The way he looked into my eyes like he was searching for that answer. I shiver at the thought. I don't know if he was going to kiss me. Does he want to? Does he like me? God what if I'm just fooling myself?

"Cupcake? Come on please." He pleads bringing me back to life.

"Fine, but I get your hat!" I say hurrying down the hallway to my locker. He chuckles and hurries after me. Before I could even get a little bit ahead Hunter grabs me and stops me. God I need to pay more attention in gym. He looks at me with his arms crossed like he's waiting for something. I put his hat on and copy his stance. "What?" I ask. He reaches out for his hat and I quickly dodge it. At least I tried to. Instead I fell backwards right on top of someone. Hunter bursts out laughing and I join him. "S-sorry." I say laughing. I get up and reach my arm out for the poor person I knocked over. Liam. Shit. This day just got a whole lot better. I instantly stop laughing.

"No it's fine Quinn." He says ignoring my hand and getting up himself. "I didn't mean to interrupt whatever is going on." He says backing up and turning away. Obviously upset.

"Liam! Wait!" I sigh. "Rain check?" I ask Hunter. He looks disappointed.

"Yeah. Sure." He says annoyed. I give him an apologetic smile and run after Liam.

"Liam wait up!" I yell after running for what seemed like ages. Pushing pass other kids. I try to catch my breath when we get into a room. It looks like a science class room. Beakers and posters of earth and chemistry fill the room. The students thankfully. Once I finally caught my breath I turn towards Liam. "What was that Liam? You've been acting weird all week." His face looked pained. Like I completely missed something. Like I just kicked him in the heart.

"Hunter is bad news Quinn." He says not looking at me his eyes focused on the floor.

"I'm sorry?" I ask shocked at the words that came out of his mouth.

"You heard me. He's not who you think or who he is acting like." He looks at me angry. I take a step back. I've never seen Liam like this. "You shouldn't be getting so close to him."

I look at him. The fire burning in his eyes. Burning a hole right into mine. Like he's trying to force me to know what he is saying.

"Liam that's not fair. You don't get to tell me who I can and can't talk to. Your not my father." I say crossing my arms starting to get mad.

"Do you like him?" He focuses his attention back to the ground. His expression changed. He looks sad, hurt. I take a minute. Choosing my words carefully. Do I like him?

"I don't know." I say biting my lip. Embarrassed to say it. But I truly don't know. He shakes his head.

"Of course you know Quinn. I can tell." He says looking back at me.