Chapter 14- "I Was Wondering If You..."

Excitement laces my voice as I talk to Ellie. It's the first day of December which means Christmas is only 25 days away and which also mean my birthday is only 24 days away. Yeah I know birthday on Christmas Eve isn't the best thing in the world. But it definitely isn't horrible. Christmas is by far my favorite holiday. I dressed in a white tank top with a cardigan with thick black leggings on the bottom. It's cold and snowy and it makes me happy.

It's been about two weeks since the accident at the party and things have officially gone to normal. No more whispers in the hallway, no more vandalized lockers, Callie is still verbally attacking me, but at least she's not throwing punches any more.

"Hey Quinn." Liam says coming up to me handing me a cup of hot chocolate.

"Hey." I say giving him a warm smile gratefully taking the hot chocolate. I take a sip and my body gets all warm and fuzzy.

"I was wondering if after school you would like to-"

"Cupcake!" Hunter yells across the hall. Interrupting Liam. I send him a subtle wave as he comes over to us.

"Great." Liam mutters.

"What was that little bro?" Hunter says ruffling Liam's hair. Liam quickly pushes him away annoyed. Sending him a glare that Hunter clearly ignores.

"Guess who officially got a passing grade in math?" Hunter asks.

"I dunno. Trevor?" I ask crossing my arms taking another sip of my hot chocolate.

"Haha very funny cupcake." I give him a look. The look of 'I'm not buying it' look. "Me cupcake me." He says disappointed.

"Oh!!" I say faking the stupidity. "I coulda sworn you cheated."

"Now your just hurting yourself Cupcake. You did tutor me." I see Liam's face drop. I give him a confused look. But he doesn't see me. Hunter sees it as well and smiles a little bit.

I feel the awkward tension fill the air. "Um, I'm going to go meet Ellie by my locker. I told her I'd meet her before you guys showed up." I stutter out. I'm a horrible lier I always was. I quickly slip away and head to my locker. I don't know what got into those boys heads.

"Like I was trying to ask you earlier do you wan to go get-"

"Quinn!" The teacher yells out. I close my eyes shut. I hate this god damn math teacher. No wonder Hunter nearly failed this class.

"Yes sir." I ask looking up at him.

"It seems to be a habit of your to disrupt my class. Grades are coming out soon and I know you'd hate to see this on your card." I let out a sigh.

"Yes sir. I would."

"Then you better shut your mouth when I'm teaching." Snickering fills the room. "That means all of you!" He yells out silencing the room.

"Sorry Quinn." Liam writes on a piece of paper.
"It's okay."
"Anyways I wanted to ask if you would," Snap there goes his pencil. I chuckle at him and hand him my pencil. Which snaps as well when it hits the paper. He curses under his breath. He digs through his bag searching for another thing to write with. The bell goes off and he says another curse and grabs his stuff.

"What were you trying to say?" I ask as we walk out. He looks around.

"I was wondering if you wanted-"

"Quinn!" Trevor  yells across the hallway.

"God damn it!" Liam mumbles but yells at the same time.