Chapter 27- "It's The End Of What Was a Beautiful Story."

"Why do the good die young?
When your in a field of flowers which ones do you pick?
The most beautiful ones.
Exactly."

It was like the world wanted to say fuck you to me.

Like I did something to be treated this horribly.

Just two days ago everything was perfect.

My body is numb. My voice is scratchy and my throat is burning. My finger has a red ring from the constant rubbing of my ring on it. My eyes are bloodshot from the lack of sleep.

I spent the last hour screaming at the nurses. The ones who said they did everything they could. The ones who swore it wasn't their fault. My mother did everything to shush me but it wasn't working.

In a matter of two days I lost my boyfriend, my sister and my sanity.

Just two days.

Liam said Hunter left. Went back home. He didn't even stay to make sure my sister got better. He didn't even stay to try to win me back. He threw me out like a piece of trash.

I lost two of the best things in my life in two days.

Just two days.

My mom and I haven't said a word the whole car ride home. Nothing about funerals, nothing about anything.

We don't touch her room. We leave it. I don't even look at it when I make my way to my room.

'"Like do you like like her?"

He laughs a little bit.

"Penny," Hunter calls out to her, she looks up at him with a small smile. "Yes." He says finally making her break out in a wide smile.'

I feel the tears start the roll down my face. My body regaining feeling.

'"Mr. Avery you may sit where ever." My teacher says.

He nods and walks in front of Ellie and I. "Next time I recommend listening and not staring."'

I feel my body shiver. Like everything is just hitting me. Like a snowball on a cold day hitting your face.

'"Hunter. I didn't mean it! Put me down!" I scream. He does he drops me in the truck. The smooth leather hitting my back and legs.

"Your shorter then you look." He says getting into the truck.

"Thanks." I say rolling my eyes.'

I miss him, I miss her.

I get to my room and slam the door shut reaching for my phone. I quickly dial hunters number.

"Hey you reached Hunter. I'm probably asleep. So leave a message if you want too." I close my eyes and hit hang up.

Then I remembered my sketch book. I scramble onto my feet and grab my book.

I flip through the first few pages. Before landing on the one I was looking for.

'"Oh my lord! Are we really back on this again!" I yell throwing my pencil at him.

"Hey, I'm just saying what I heard." He says throwing his hands up in defeat.

"Your such a jackass." I mumble.

"You said that earlier. What about the hot part cupcake?"'

I look at my paper and start to see water droplets hit my paper. I rub them off and play with the necklace around my neck. The one he gave me.

'"I've been waiting to that." He whispers. I smile.

"And I've been waiting for you to do that." I whisper back. He smiles at me.

"Am I still not aloud to come for your birthday?" He asks.

"I think you made up for it." I say with a smile.'

I don't come down all night. I don't turn on my computer. I just sat here at my desk staring at my empty sketch pad. My mom knocked saying Liam came to visit but I said I didn't want to see him.

I didn't want to see anyone. I wanted to stay here. I wanted to be sad. I wanted to cry. I wanted my sister to come running down the hallway when she hears my tears and do that soft knock she has and I want her to whisper asking if I was okay.

I grab my phone and dial Liam.

"Princess." He says softly.

"Meet me at the park." I say quickly hanging up right after. Not wanting to say more then I could.

I grab Hunters sweatshirt from the other night and I grab the bunny that has sat on my bed side table since my sister was born. Leaving I grab the head band Charlotte wore. My hand grazing over the gem stones that has been slowly falling off.

"Daddy." He looks down at me and can tell something is wrong.
"What is it Quinn?"
"Do you love Charlotte more then me?" I ask looking at the floor.
"Pumpkin." He says pulling me into a hug. "I will always love you and your sister the same. And you should too. I mean you guys are technically half of each other."

I shake of the feeling and run downstairs. Not saying a word to my mother as I run outside and do the quick walk to the park.

I see Liam and he gives me a small smile. I give him a tiny one in return.

I walk to the baseball field and he follows behind me. I drop the stuff on the ground and pull out my matches.

"Woah. Princess." He says getting in front of me. "Are you sure you want to do this?" He asks. Already knowing what I want to do. Knowing what I felt I needed to do.

I nod. "I need to Liam. I need to start over." He nods and backs away. Knowing it's not the best idea to start a fight with me. Not now. I light the match and throw it on the stuff. The sweatshirt catches first. Then the bunny, then Charlottes head band.

'"Thank you." I whisper.

"For what?" He asks his voice as quiet as my own.

"For tonight. For making me feel normal again." I say a smile spreading across my lips.

"Your welcome cupcake."'

I look at the fire as it slowly grows. The bad boy broke me. My sisters are gone. It's time I start over. It's time for a re do. "It's The End Of What Was a Beautiful Story." I say quietly to my self.

It's time I take control of me. Of who I am. I give myself a small smile. As the night goes on and the fire grows and my jr year of high school ends I need to start over.

I need to start new.