Preference 278 - He Accidentally Says I Love You

Harry - you opened your eyes slowly, scrunching around in the blankets and pillows buried in a crook below your head, your eyes adjusting to the light as you looked over your shoulder at Harry, slipping quietly into the room, “hey,” he moved closer, “how’re you feeling?”

"Mmm," you grumbled a little, "bit better… how drunk was I last night?"

"Drunk enough," he shrugged with a small smile, not giving too much away as he leant forwards, brushing back a little of your hair, "just as long as you’re feeling alright now."

"Yeah," you smiled up at the graze of his thumb along your skin before he drew away, "I’ll be fine. Just need a coffee or something and I’m good to go…"

"You’re too easy," he murmured, smirking again. His weight on the edge of the bed lifted when he shifted himself, settling with one crook knee before he stood again, "I’ll go make you one now."

"Harry," you murmured, to make him turn and sit down again. 

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for taking care of me," you held his forearm, warm like the sun had been resting on his skin all morning. He almost chuckled, taking your hand to hold in his, "I’m gonna take care of the girl I love…" he smiled into looking down, gulping up when he realised what he’d said, "I mean… you know, because I…" he cleared his throat, "I care about you, erm… so, um, yeah, that coffee…"

Liam - he held your hand out of the coffee shop, switching hands with his drink to smile at you, knocking along the street by your side, “it feels so good to have a day off today,” he slipped one hand inside the worn pocket of his jeans. 

"Yeah," you smiled up, jutting closer next to him, a few people on the inside of you, "it’s awesome. And I mean," you scrunched your nose a little, teasing, "you get to spend it with me, so that makes it pretty cool, you know…"

"Just a little bit," he tried to still a smile, the corners of his mouth tilting to one side in smirking, walking beside you, looking down.

You nudged his side, pouting, “only a little bit?”

He didn’t answer, instead laughing at your eyes and they way they couldn’t keep the charade going, your expression changing and splitting for a smile when you heard him, “God, I love you…” he sighed when he came back down and his expression calmed before his eyes widened around realising what he’d said out loud. He cleared his throat, swallowing something thick to look ahead, but you didn’t press him on it, swallowing his tender voice the way it came out, slipping your hand in his as you kept walking down the street together, a private smile as you looked down.

Louis - you pushed on the door to move slowly into the bedroom, hands scrunching the hem of your dress as you walked, the click of your heels followed by a gulp with each step. You stopped in front of him, sitting on the bed. He looked up like he didn’t know what to do when he saw you, “wow, you… you look… wow…”

You bit your lip as you peered down, “really? I mean, I don’t know… my hair’s a little, and the length is a little… it’s all just a little…”

"(Y/N)," he held your hands to help himself up, "trust me, you look amazing," he kissed your forehead, and dulled his lips there for a few seconds.

"Thanks," you breathed quietly when he leant back to your eyes again.

"Anything for the girl I love…" he whispered, watching you. His eyes shot wide when he figured out what he’d said, "shit, um…" he blushed, "I was going to say that in a way more romantic setting than my messy bedroom, um…"

"Lou," you felt his hand squeeze yours, "you… you love me?"

"Yeah," he whispered again, when he felt like it was okay, "I mean, I’ve been wanting to say it for a while now, yeah… I really do."

Zayn - you wriggled your body a little further into the couch, pulling the blankets up a little more with Zayn beside you, his legs knocking yours as you both curled in front of the TV, watching a movie you’d already forgotten the name of. You wriggled again, trying to get comfy like before, peering ahead at the screen, wedging one elbow out from under a few pillows. You accidentally knocked the popcorn bowl from your lap when you moved again, “shit,” you gasped down, as half the bowl spilt along the floor in front of you. 

"Whoa," Zayn chuckled, pausing the movie. He held your shoulder to lean forwards with you, "damn, reckon you spilt the entire thing there, (Y/N)."

"I’m really sorry," you cringed, pulling the blankets from your body. 

"It’s okay," Zayn smiled and stood up before you. He knelt down in front of you, scooping what he could into his hands, "you know I love you anyway…"

"Wha-" you started a sentence in your throat but you swallowed it back down, already unsure of the way it tasted. Zayn froze, knelt in front of you. He cleared his throat at first, turning slightly away from you with a bowed head. 

"Think I’ll, um," he murmured quickly, "grab a broom for all this…" he stood up quickly, rushing out of the room before you could close your mouth again.

Niall - ”(Y/N),” he called up the stairs, scowling down to the watch on his wrist, “come on, we’re already so late. Paul is gonna kill us.”

"I’ll just be one more second," you blushed back into the bathroom to find your purse, ruffling through your things before you found it. You checked yourself in the mirror quickly before you turned, darting through the bedroom to make it downstairs. 

"Totally worth it," Niall shook his head as you walked down, a quick breath the way he wrapped his arm around your waist to collect you, "you look amazing," he hurried you down the hallway, "like always…"

"Oh, crap," you bit your lip at the front door, "hang on, I’ve just gotta…"

"(Y/N), no," Niall shook his head, "we have to go, I’m serious…"

"But I just…" you tried to turn around, his arm around you pulling you back in.

"Look, I love you," he chuckled into your expression, "but if we don’t leave right now, we’re gonna miss the whole show, okay?"

"Okay," you stepped outside with him, his hand on the small of your back to guide you to the car. You stopped again when he held the door open, "hang on," you murmured again. 

Niall groaned, “what now?”

You turned into him, holding his cheek the way he looked at you all of a sudden, “did you just say you love me?”