Preference 299 - One Word To Describe You In An Interview

Harry - “If I had to describe her in one word,” Harry played his hands in front of his mouth, fiddling fingers as he repeated the question. He tapped his bottom lip, “just one word?”

"Just one word," the interviewer smiled over the couch. She fixed her dress, cleared her throat, "think you can do it?"

"I don’t know if I can," Harry smiled on the way to looking up, "I mean, she’s so much more than just one word, I…"

"Think you just answered the question there, mate," Zayn leant over to him, murmuring the words but they were caught, that the interviewer smiled and moved on.

Liam - “This is turning into an interesting interview,” Liam smiled into the microphone, and the sound was almost like a chuckle, eyes crinkling to match it, “(Y/N), baby, if you’re listening…”

"Yes, yes, (Y/N), if you are listening," the radio host tilted his own microphone a little, "and for the folks that have just tuned in at home, finally off work, Liam Payne from One Direction here is just going to describe his lovely girlfriend in one word, so what’ll it be?"

"Mine," Liam murmured at first, the corners of his mouth playing a game that the radio host wasn’t quite yet, but he cleared his throat, "gorgeous," Liam corrected himself, "gorgeous."

Louis - “So, Louis, got a game for you, wanna play?” His smile made something of the interview, the way his eyes lit up. Louis looked over from where he was sitting, palming the microphone like he’d been for twenty minutes already, “sure.”

"Okay," the interviewer switched cards, and almost tact, "we know you’ve been with your girlfriend, (Y/N), the past few days in New York, enjoying yourself by the looks of it…" Louis listened, smiling down at a single thought it gave him, "but if you had to describe her in one word, what would it be?" The interviewer finished, clearing her throat.

"That’s easy," Louis smirked, flat of his palm knocking his fringe back from his eyes, "amazing. Wait no, awesome. Or incredible. Nope, I’m gonna lock in unbelievable, Todd."

Zayn - ”I don’t know,” he shrugged at first, biting a smile that lit up when he looked down at hands clasped between his legs, “I mean, there are a million and one words I could use to describe her…”

"All good, I’m sure," the interviewer chuckled, banter easy off his shoulders over the radio, adjusting his headphones at first.

"Definitely all good," Zayn looked up, and he smiled the way he knew you made him, the way it happened after thinking about you and the words to describe you, or at least try. He switched his palms a little, slick skin against skin, the way he held his own hands, and traced the word into small lines before he said it out loud, "beautiful, I mean, one word to describe her… would have to be beautiful…"

Niall - “So, one word,” the interviewer beamed around a room too small for an interview, Niall thought, looking over at the sound of his name out of her mouth, formal the way he was used to, “can you describe (Y/N) in one word?”

"One word," he chuckled, scratching the back of his head. He smiled as he looked across him at Liam, "um, one word," he repeated, knotting his brow. He shifted on the small couch, looking down at the ground, to catch his bottom lip and think about it. He stopped himself from looking up to swallow, "jus’ one?"

"Yeah," the interviewer smiled again, "if you had to."

"Perfect," he cleared his throat, turning his head, "I mean if I had to, perfect…"